Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Soon to be fiance wearing her ex's wedding band

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Do you still feel a bit ridiculous (your post #1) after reading some of the responses in the thread or are things feeling better for you now?
    I feel like I was overreacting a bit in worrying about this. The responses helped put it into perspective

  2. #22
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Mobywhale
    I feel like I was overreacting a bit in worrying about this. The responses helped put it into perspective
    Great to hear!

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Great to hear!
    I appreciate it. I think my insecurities are running free in my head right now and blowing things way out of proportion. It is something I definitely need to work on.

  4. #24
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Mobywhale
    I appreciate it. I think my insecurities are running free in my head right now and blowing things way out of proportion. It is something I definitely need to work on.
    You're way too hard on yourself. Life's too short for all that. Go out and have fun with your soon to be fiancee and celebrate.

  5.  

  6. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    You're way too hard on yourself. Life's too short for all that. Go out and have fun with your soon to be fiancee and celebrate.
    Good idea. This forum is amazing. Thank you all very much!

  7. #26
    Platinum Member melancholy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    5,908
    Gender
    Female
    What if she gets the ring remodeled to a different design, with any stones changed around too, so it looks like a brand new ring. Would you be ok with that?

  8. #27
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,046
    Gender
    Female
    My aunt was widowed and remarried. She still has her engagement ring and wedding band. She still wears her first engagement ring on her right hand - its not a typical solitaire engagement ring or anything and the prominent stone is not a diamond - looks more like a cocktail ring - but only for dress up and daily wears her ring from her new husband on her left hand. Her husband has no issue with it. It honors her life before she met her new husband and her husband is a widower, too. they have a healthy relationship where they are allowed to mention their prior spouses and She does not wear her original wedding band, but its just a simple ring - she does have it and will give it to a child when they get married as an option if they would like it. And when her children marry, she will pass down the engagement ring while she is still alive and give a stone to each.

  9. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by melancholy123
    What if she gets the ring remodeled to a different design, with any stones changed around too, so it looks like a brand new ring. Would you be ok with that?
    I would be ok with that. Idk if she would do it or not lol

  10. #29
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12,053
    Originally Posted by Mobywhale
    I appreciate it. I think my insecurities are running free in my head right now and blowing things way out of proportion. It is something I definitely need to work on.
    Why do you feel insecure? After this long, it seems strange that you would feel insecure about her or the relationship.

    Is there anything else going on?

  11. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Why do you feel insecure? After this long, it seems strange that you would feel insecure about her or the relationship.

    Is there anything else going on?
    My previous relationship of 10 years ended right before I proposed and I think I am just psyching myself out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •