LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shock from being ghosted

Originally Posted by TheG
    Ok guys I do thank you guys for you assistance and engagement its helped me make sense of things. So I had a 3 hour conversation with a female friend of mine and after changing our decision a few times we finally decided that I contact her. So I decided to contact her friend and this is briefly what the response was

"Angelina says you made narky jokes and comments about something. Angelina doesnt like to feel that someone is doing her a favour when they do something related to her. Shes just a person who acts on her decision once she has made it rather than talk about it first thats why she did not text. No hard feelings, shes not upset (which i think is a lie) she just decided she does not want that kinda energy in her life"

I know the joke she is talking about. I noticed she was angry about it and asked her if she was offended the first time and she said she wasnt. The next day I made a similar joke just before the end of the vulnerability video call. I know you guys are curious about what the joke is about, here it is: So after her doing her laundry I said to her great, now you wont have to repeat clothes anymore. I didnt even notice that she repeats clothes I just said the joke randomly. After our whole vulnerability talk to lighten things up I said "werent you wearing that sweater last week". I dont even remember seeing that sweater before. I guess shes sensitive about the whole repeating clothes thing and Iv got absultely no idea why, i didnt notice that she repeats clothes

im thinking of requesting for her to unblock me just so that her and I can talk about this properly and if she still feels "negative energy" she can block me. I am doing this because I have noticed that shes quite sensitive, she has daddy issues (but dont we all in some way or another) and she has admitted to me that she tends to over react and shes working on that. Im trying to be understanding but maybe im being tooo understanding...
    lol!
    I would have laughed. She is way too sensitive. Stay out of her way. Some people aren't built for jokes. NYP (not your problem)

And don't talk to her friends either or your friends about how ridiculous this has become. It doesn't warrant it. She seems very insecure and uptight.

Platinum Member
    I can't believe you contacted the friend. That is cringeworthy. You both act like you are in high school.

You are still considering reaching out, even though she wants nothing to do with you. You don't get it.

Why did you even come here for advice?
    Last edited by Hollyj; 09-11-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    lol!
    I would have laughed. She is way too sensitive. Stay out of her way. Some people aren't built for jokes. NYP (not your problem)

And don't talk to her friends either or your friends about how ridiculous this has become. It doesn't warrant it. She seems very insecure and uptight.
    Seems to me she is either unstable, or she was not that into OP and maybe found a new crush, and is just using any old excuse to break things off with him.

In any case OP. Forget this one. She's gone. Don't waste time, effort and energy on her anymore.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MirrorKnight
    Seems to me she is either unstable, or she was not that into OP and maybe found a new crush, and is just using any old excuse to break things off with him.
    I have the same hunch here.

Either way, OP, if she's not mature enough to communicate directly with you that she doesn't want to continue seeing you, she's not relationship material. She has too much growing up to do first, on an emotional level. Trying to talk to her now is going to be a colossal waste of your time because it doesn't change the bottom line: this isn't a girl who isn't willing or capable of voicing her own thoughts, which speaks volumes about her ability to sustain a lasting and healthy relationship with you.

You would be best to let this one go. It's not going to evolve into something satisfying.

Remember, the advice of me going through her friend came from a woman (whos a close friend of mine). This woman had blocked someone for no good reason as well and ended up unblocking the guy. She thought her situation was similar to mine and thats why I decided to do it. To be honest when she blocked me one of my suspicions were because of that joke because she started getting moody after that joke...Anyway, after her friend's response I apologized and have left it at that...

To the person asking why I even came here for advice: even if i didnt follow your guys advice 100% it helped me alot. It helped me put things into persepctive. It helps me to see what to do next time; things to lookout for in future.

It's not your female friend's responsibility. You've had the last word. Now leave her alone.
    Remember, the advice of me going through her friend came from a woman.

Platinum Member
    Remember, the advice of me going through her friend came from a woman (whos a close friend of mine). This woman had blocked someone for no good reason as well and ended up unblocking the guy. She thought her situation was similar to mine and thats why I decided to do it. To be honest when she blocked me one of my suspicions were because of that joke because she started getting moody after that joke...Anyway, after her friend's response I apologized and have left it at that...

To the person asking why I even came here for advice: even if i didnt follow your guys advice 100% it helped me alot. It helped me put things into persepctive. It helps me to see what to do next time; things to lookout for in future.
    Just because the advice came from a woman doesn't mean it's automatically good. She told you to do what she wished her own ex did. That doesn't mean ALL women want what she (this friend of yours) wanted.

I hope you plan to leave your ex alone now.

Update guys:

havent spoken to her for about a week and she unblocked me. I asked her to tell me whats going on?

She called me and she said she would like us to speak face to face... I told her to tell me now over the phone and she said she would rather tell me face to face. She went home on recess (quite far away) and will be back next friday and thats when she asked us to meet. I asked her if its bad news or good news and she asked me whats good news. I told her she knows what good news is for me and she said its neither good or bad news....? If its bad news would she really let me travel 200 km (124 miles) just to tell me bad news?? I wanted to ask that but i refrained... Any idea what to expect? what should i do or say?

Geez is she writing clues for crossword puzzles? What kind of guessing games are these? Don't go. Whatever needs to be said can be said on the phone. Unless you are hoping that her bs is teasing and means you'll get lucky then take your chances.
    If its bad news would she really let me travel 200 km (124 miles) just to tell me bad news?

Platinum Member
    She is playing games. I would not travel to her.

Unless she is pregnant or some such life-altering thing.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice