Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to stop the feelings of regrets?

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    There's nothing wrong with learning from the past what we can do better in the future. So, you've learned how better to handle your next relationship. But believing that you could have changed the outcome with an 18 year old isn't productive. Most first relationships don't last, so there's no sense in beating yourself up about that.

Head high, and move your focus FORward.
    I have learnt a lot from my past and believe that I can handle things a lot better now. It just hurt a lot because we also shared a lot of good memories, but I understand I need to start looking forward so I can move on with my life.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    After the regrets, come acceptance. You'll learn to accept your mistakes and the mistakes of others (your ex) and then in time, you'll be able to correct yourself and tell yourself that you want things to be different. We all learn through pain and sometimes regret too. You're in a stage of processing after the break up. I don't think anyone has ever not felt pathetic after a break up no matter what's happened or how it went down.

Stay focused on you and gradually poke your head out and come up for some air. Get in touch with your family and friends and don't be afraid to engage with the world again.
    Thank you for your kind words. I am trying to accept my mistakes and not punishing myself for it by keep feeling regrets and being stuck in the past. I know my ex is not looking back at the past right know wishing he could change this and that, his happy moving on with his life so I should try and do the same. I just hope the pain will go away soon, everyday it just feel so hard to just breath.

I try to get out more these days and do more activity with friends. I hope I can finally and fully move on with my life again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice