Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At my wit's end

From a website: Combining alcohol with antidepressants could potentially be fatal. Alcohol can cause depression itself and also keeps some antidepressants from working as well as they should. This could lead to an increase in suicidal thoughts and actions.

This doctor shouldn't have subscribed antidepressants until your husband had proven he can stay sober.

I'd make once last attempt at scaring him into the seriousness of the matter. Get ready to go out and when he asks you where you're going, tell him you're going to an Al-anon meeting. There are experts there who will guide you on what your next action should be.

If you two own the house, you shouldn't be the one to leave. It's the worst thing you can do when a divorce is imminent. You need to protect your assets.

In the meantime, start separating your finances. Get him off of your credit cards. Get his name off of a shared bank account if you're the primary owner. If he doesn't care enough about you--that you'll be happier with a husband who is not an alcoholic and he should stop, then you need to stop caring about him for your own good.

Lookup AlaNon meetings in your area and start attending to learn from people who walk in your shoes. I'd also seek legal advice from an attorney to learn your options and the best steps to take for each option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice