Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I do when I like him so much?

Frankly, I think he needs to start telling himself he can do better as well.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Frankly, I think he needs to start telling himself he can do better as well.
    I agree and don't go with the "gut instinct" part here because her expectations of him particularly given how long they've been dating, do not make much sense.

Platinum Member
    Why were you making negative comments about yourself, OP?

It reads like you were fishing for compliments and he didn't take the bait. That's says more about you than him, really. That sort of thing reveals a greater insecurity inside you.

As for the studio rental - I have to say, I think that was quite over-the-top for a guy you have only dated for 30 days. I would be rather uncomfortable with such a grand gesture so soon, and his reaction suggests he was too.

These two things combined sound like you're already feeling insecure and unsure and are doing things in hopes that he will compliment you, shower you with gratitude, think you're an awesome girlfriend, return the gesture in kind. That anxious feeling is normal, given that you have only been dating a month, but the way you're reacting to the uncertainty is likely to drive him away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice