Why is my ex actingl like this?

krisaleigh

My ex fiance and I were together almost a year and a half. We got engaged only after a few months of dating. We broke up because I was constantly comparing him to my abusive ex who I was with before him, I was also very snappy when he got off work and it got worse when we lost our son in June. I also lied to him about having a job and he caught me in my lie which only made him tired of it all and it pushed the break up faster. I'm not going to lie I regret everything I did to hurt him and I'm trying to work on myself with that. After the breakup, for a week on and off I begged and pleaded and even showed up to our house to take me back and tried to swallow pills which only pushed him further and he said after that he won't take me back. Well I have been in no contact for about a week now and in that week he has managed to come up to my mom's barber shop, which I work at now, and was very positive and smily and we talked about his new job for awhile and our mutual friend, who just lost his grandmother, all while he was getting some of his stuff out of my car. Also since no contact he has been posting sad quotes and just sad stuff about life and people changing stuff all over facebook and instagram. What does all of this mean I am just so confused and family have been no help?

Your mother seems to have helped you out quite a bit by letting you work at the family business. Do you mind me asking how you lost your son? I'm sorry to hear that. Work out all the lost time while in your abusive relationship and start making amends with yourself. You're not accepting your past or who you are or what you've become in those difficult times. Sometimes we are foggy through the pain and confusion. Learn to clear the air again and start over.

I'd suggest you remove your ex-fiance from your social media and explain you prefer privacy at this time while you take some time to work on yourself and move on. Neither of you are doing a service to each other continuing to look in on each others' lives after a break up and it's only causes more confusion and questions.

Speak to a qualified professional who can help you with thoughts of suicide. This is not something to bring into a relationship. You need real help from someone who can help you or guide you through your episodes and help you work through your mental health and bring you back on track.

Sorry to hear this. try to avoid him. Delete and block him from all social media and messaging apps. Leave him alone. Let him get his things and go collect your things. Enlist the help of friends family for support. Get to a doctor and therapist to sort through all your emotions.

I also lied to him about having a job

I begged and pleaded and even showed up to our house to take me back and tried to swallow pills

My ex fiance and I were together almost a year and a half. We got engaged only after a few months of dating. We broke up because I was constantly comparing him to my abusive ex who I was with before him, I was also very snappy when he got off work and it got worse when we lost our son in June. I also lied to him about having a job and he caught me in my lie which only made him tired of it all and it pushed the break up faster. I'm not going to lie I regret everything I did to hurt him and I'm trying to work on myself with that. After the breakup, for a week on and off I begged and pleaded and even showed up to our house to take me back and tried to swallow pills which only pushed him further and he said after that he won't take me back. Well I have been in no contact for about a week now and in that week he has managed to come up to my mom's barber shop, which I work at now, and was very positive and smily and we talked about his new job for awhile and our mutual friend, who just lost his grandmother, all while he was getting some of his stuff out of my car. Also since no contact he has been posting sad quotes and just sad stuff about life and people changing stuff all over facebook and instagram. What does all of this mean I am just so confused and family have been no help?

What does it matter "what it all means?" Have you gotten yourself into therapy to help you with your own mental illness? Trying to swallow pills and such is the signs that you need more help than this forum can give you. So: Are you in therapy?

Archived