Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 1834 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Driver's Seat

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

Life in the Driver's Seat

Well life sure has it's little improvements. Recently,my husband destroyed my pc by letting in some lethal virus. I managed to ressurect it some what, but it was slowly shutting down system by system. Plus he had done the same thing to this system 3 times in total. I was mad to say the least. So I finally after saying there was nothing more I could with pc and I needed a new one, I was surprised, but he agreed. I said, well if you break something you should really replace it. That made him snippy, but hey it is the truth he did break it, so he should replace it. He said I could have a new one because the other one was broken and old anyway. Well, we went to the store and I picked one I liked for a very reasonable price and we walked out with it. I am surprised he ponyed up. He has been changing in small ways for the better.

It's funny, sometimes all you have to do is ask.

Is the new laptop cute?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    link removed

This is it. It serves my purposes. I girlified it with theme packs

ooh, very nice.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Mahatma Gandhi

I was surprised too that he took me to emergency to have my knee looked at. True I had to wait for him to get home from work but it was not an emergency after all. I did not need to be seen that second. Any other time in my life though when I needed care he would always whine and complain and whinge and say he had to work in the morning and get someone else to take you or drive yourself. And if he did end up taking me he would sit there and fume or read a book and fume and ignore me. This time he actually TOLD me I was going to see a dr because HE felt it needed seeing and if he had to miss work the next day he would as he needed to care for his family. Well I almost fell off my chair for sure. That is new. Hm, I am not sure I trust this new sympathy yet. Maybe he is changing?

Well this might not be fun. I might be using my cruise control all the way home to my mother's because my husband is on standby to go to Malta.

Oh my Lord, oh my Lord
    I am ashes I am Jesus I am precious could I be
    your girl. Could I be your girl. I am worthless
    sounds compared to all your perfect words
    Could I be your girl Could I be your girl

a Jan Arden song for a perfect friend.

On a good note today, my son got an excellent report card. He came up in the 2 subjects he has the most difficulty with. He is on par with his classmates or exceeds the class average. I am so proud of him!! One subject he went down a little, but over all he has done better every year and this being in a new school too. I could not be more pleased with him.

On another note he is now working at school with the pc he needs. Awesome. He had a grant a few years ago but refused the technology. He wants to work alone like the other kids but he really needs the technology to help him. I am glad he has accepted it even though resentfully.

I'm happy to hear about his academic successes. I know you've written in the past about some of his "limitations", but maybe they aren't limitations at all but rather obstacles that he's perfectly capable of overcoming. So what exactly are his specific challenges? I'm just curious now.

Page 1 of 1834 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice