Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: She Needs Space?

There could be a hundred reasons why she didn't want to hear from him anymore. It could have been because he was too needy, he was too old, he was too narcissistic or too irresponsible for not wearing a condom. Or maybe she met someone she liked better.
    Or maybe she was too busy with school and work that she didn't have time. It's all speculation on our parts.

But the fact that she DID ask him to slow down and the fact that he didn't, but escalated the communication is most likely the kiss of death to any potential that this grouping might have had.

Originally Posted by BJN31
    I’ve been in a year and a 5 year relationship. I’ve obviously completely let myself down her but please understand it was out of a good place on not somewhere desperate. I enjoyed her company and thought I’d say my peace. We wouldn’t all be here if we have not made mistakes
    The good thing about it all, BJN is that you've learned a lesson that will only help you navigate your next connection. Your time with her was very brief so not something to cry over spilt milk at all.

Good luck in your next adventure in dating. I think we've beaten this over your head enough... it's clear you "get it." You'll be fine whether she contacts you or not and like I'll said, you'll be all that more datin savvy if she does (or with your next connection).

Platinum Member
    Do you usually not use condoms and date such young girls?

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    The good thing about it all, BJN is that you've learned a lesson that will only help you navigate your next connection. Your time with her was very brief so not something to cry over spilt milk at all.

Good luck in your next adventure in dating. I think we've beaten this over your head enough... it's clear you "get it." You'll be fine whether she contacts you or not and like I'll said, you'll be all that more datin savvy if she does (or with your next connection).
    Hi BJN,

I agree, I think your mistake has been reiterated enough and you realise you've got some things to work on. If you end up feeling the urge to send a message like this to an ex (or near-ex) again, I would recommend the thread here:

[Register to see the link]

Best of luck moving forward,

T

I suspect you understand this by now, but just to be completely clear: any time a woman says she ‘needs space’, it means disappear from her life unless and until she contacts you, which very likely may be never. Despite your best intentions, she doesn’t want to know how you feel or what you think. At all, period. And if she had the slightest doubt about you and whether she may have made a mistake, you’re helping confirm her decision every time you text, call, show your face, connect through social media… anything. This applies to her and any woman you may ever know going forward. There are few things more attractive than self-confidence, and by not explicitly honoring her wishes you’re displaying your lack of it. Sorry this happened but be thankful for the time you had with her and move on. Best wishes to you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice