Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: She Needs Space?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by BJN31
    I perhaps should mention that in July I actually got her pregnant but she had a miscarriage a month in. We didnt know until she started bleeding. We dealt with it together. She does have a lot going on and has been through a lot. Im going to fade away
    Fading away is good. That pregnancy scare probably soured her on you.

She needs to finish school before becoming a mom. Motherhood is the antithesis of casual.

I went to the hospital with her on both occasions. Yes - l do.

Platinum Member
    Why werent you using condoms?

Do you usually date such young girls?

Leave her alone. If she doesn't reply to you do not ever message her again. It's inappropriate coming from someone 10 years her senior. At 33 you're in your male prime. You're shooting very low aiming for women so young and most women (even young women) will sense that coming off of you. The novella text also sounds exceedingly desperate and the tone is not convincing.

I think you are genuinely looking for a connection but your radar is not so good. Start dating other women closer to your age. Work on areas of yourself that you don't feel entirely comfortable with. A man like you seems highly suspect and I'm more prone to think there are serious issues in your life that are preventing you from meeting women closer to your age or socializing with peers who are more in your range.

Im going to give her space - I now do agree but it came from a good place. I perhaps should mention that in July I actually got her pregnant but she had a miscarriage a month in. We didnt know until she started bleeding. We dealt with it together. She does have a lot going on and has been through a lot. Im going to fade away
    It appears the (above) snapped her back into reality, imo. Sorry, but that was an irresponsible move for the both of you. After all, you're both equally responsible for the use of BC.

In short, I'd look at it as a blessing in disguise. It's time to move on, and take the lesson with you.

Thanks for this ... she said she wanted something casual and just fun and our dates were exactly that - I was just confirming where I was mentally. I actually thought the message I sent was just honest and was looking for where her head was so I can move on or whatever.
    Then instead of putting her (likely) in anxiety mode with all the "Tiger" and "babe" and declares of how great she is and "Hot" why didn't you just ask her where her "head was?" ... Or better yet, take what she told you at face value and did the fade on her so that she chased you wondering where the heck YOU got to.

Not too many people want that kind of pressure put on them to respond to such a vomit of emotions so early on in a dating situation... Those who have asked for space particularly aren't ready to hear such things.

Best thing to do now is go radio silence, keep dating and if she comes around looking to see where you got to, then great. If she fades completely then consider her having taught you to go forth that much more dating savvy.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Then instead of putting her (likely) in anxiety mode with all the "Tiger" and "babe" and declares of how great she is and "Hot" why didn't you just ask her where her "head was?" ... Or better yet, take what she told you at face value and did the fade on her so that she chased you wondering where the heck YOU got to.

Not too many people want that kind of pressure put on them to respond to such a vomit of emotions so early on in a dating situation... Those who have asked for space particularly aren't ready to hear such things.

Best thing to do now is go radio silence, keep dating and if she comes around looking to see where you got to, then great. If she fades completely then consider her having taught you to go forth that much more dating savvy.
    Totally understand - I was just trying to be honest I guess its backfired

Totally understand - I was just trying to be honest I guess its backfired
    Time will tell but don't put yourself on hold for her. Get out there and continue dating but just take is slow and steady.

Good luck.

And use condoms.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen

Not too many people want that kind of pressure put on them to respond to such a vomit of emotions so early on in a dating situation...
    And once again, TWT makes me literally laugh out loud!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice