Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice about a coworker who may have a crush on me

Great. Roll with it. You're both in the same profession and have a lot in common. Both of you are old enough to keep your wits about you and seem like you have an understanding of each other. I wonder if it might be like dating a clone however.

Go for it, Life is short.

Make that a "prn" order.

Little update:

After going to breakfast last Thursday morning, we set up a date to go out on Sunday. Friday night she called me and asked if I wanted to move our date up to that Saturday instead, which of course I did. We ended up spending the entire day together and had a really good time having a picnic lunch at a park, going on a hike, then ending the night with dinner and drinks. Sunday we ended up just texting each other memes and stuff (yeah, I'm 39 and enjoy funny memes). Monday we worked and ended up talking to our manager to see if there was anything we needed to do in terms of paperwork or whatever for dating coworkers. There isn't any policy against dating coworkers, so we don't need to do anything as long as we keep it cool at work. One of our coworkers who we're both close too came up to me and said "Finally, AviationNut! If you weren't going to get the hints she as dropping I was going to tell her to just ask you out and get it over with." Anyways, that's how it stands for now. She's a really cool girl and we get along great and we've agreed that we won't date others (we're not rushing it, but both of us come from backgrounds where it's frowned upon to date more than one person at once). We'll see where this goes.

Good luck with this. Given you two know each other well because you started off as friends, it looks promising. I will give you this advice. After the honeymoon period starts to wane, discuss what you two should do when you have an argument so it doesn't bleed into work. People pick up and hear a lot more than you know. Also, if you are spending all your time together, you need to find time away from each other as well. And find subtle ways to flirt and, if you get there, saying I love you so those around you don't have to hear it as much. It's endeering only to the two of you. And finally, if it ever sours, you want to cut it off quickly. For your own sake, do not draw anything out in an attempt to save it. But you have nothing to do there at this moment. Wishing you two the best!

Originally Posted by JamesDE
    Good luck with this. Given you two know each other well because you started off as friends, it looks promising. I will give you this advice. After the honeymoon period starts to wane, discuss what you two should do when you have an argument so it doesn't bleed into work. People pick up and hear a lot more than you know.
    Excellent advice and something I hadn't thought of. Definitely something we'll need to talk about as we progress. Pretty sure most of our coworkers know we're together as one of them jokingly said "well, here comes another relationship started at XYX Emergency Department."

Originally Posted by JamesDE
    Also, if you are spending all your time together, you need to find time away from each other as well. And find subtle ways to flirt and, if you get there, saying I love you so those around you don't have to hear it as much. It's endeering only to the two of you. And finally, if it ever sours, you want to cut it off quickly. For your own sake, do not draw anything out in an attempt to save it. But you have nothing to do there at this moment. Wishing you two the best!
    We haven't really changed any of our behavior at work. From almost when I started there we've been flirting and bantering. If it ever sours, I can always easily transfer to another hospital within the system, so that's not a worry of mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice