LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should i be more forward?

should i be more forward?

ok a little backstory!! thereís this guy who came into the restaurant i work at and ordered something, but he was a few dollars short so i used some of my tip money to cover him (i felt bad and he was nice lol). on his way out he called to me and was like ďremind me to give you a big tip next time.Ē a while later he came in when i wasnít working and asked ďwhereís the cute girl with the pink hairĒ which was obviously referring to me bc iím the only girl with pink hair at work. then the next time i saw him he gave me a $12 tip and made some small talk and a few days or so later we added each other on snapchat. weíve been talking for around a week? maybe and itís getting boring (heís not the best texter but at least heís talking to me) and iíd rather talk in person/on the phone even and get to know him more. texting over snapchat isnít really the best outlet. iím really interested in him and i think i have a crush on him, but this is the first time something like this has happened to me before. iím wondering if iím being too paranoid about this or if it would be extremely creepy and weird of me to ask him if heíd ever want to hang out and kinda tell him iím interested in him. thank you! sorry for the huge paragraph lol

Personally, Iíve never found it creepy or weird to be shown attention by a woman. But flattering and awesome? Oh yes..

Men love confident women. I say go for it.

Ok slow down the social media chat so if he wants to talk, he'll have to come see you.
    Originally Posted by lillianviola
    we added each other on snapchat. weíve been talking for around a week? maybe and itís getting boring (heís not the best texter but at least heís talking to me) and iíd rather talk in person/on the phone even and get to know him more

Is there a large age gap here? Why are you feeling paranoid?

ahhh iím glad!! thank you very much 💕

there isnít!! iím 17 and heís 18. iím just worried bc iíve never been in a relationship before and i donít want to scare him off lol

there isnít!! iím 17 and heís 18. iím just worried bc iíve never been in a relationship before and i donít want to scare him off lol
    I wouldn't worry about that. If you scare him off, count your blessings.

First off, slow down!!! Ask him for coffee, in the daytime, at a place you like.

No, it's not creepy or weird.

Just ask if he would like to hang out sometime. Sounds fine to me.

Good luck.

Did he ask you for your Snapchat info, or vice versa? He doesn't sound shy since he asked for the pretty girl, etc. If you asked him for his contact info, I'd give him another week to ask you out. If he doesn't, I'd say he's not interested, as a guy who is into you will not let this opportunity slip away. His boring texts might be a sign of this as well. If that's the case, don't waste your time on a dead end and exit out of this boring Snapchat connection.

I've never had good luck making the first move out of frustration that a guy who I thought was interested was taking too long to ask me out. Turns out he really wasn't, and just somewhat acted like it, since he got an ego boost that I had a crush on him. That said, if you want to make the move to get an answer, make a specific plan, not just a vague question of hanging out, i.e., I'm going to try out this new restaurant for lunch on Saturday. Would you like to meet me there? Having chemistry with someone and wanting to get to know them better is never creepy. If you don't have confidence in yourself and your self worth, don't attempt to date until you achieve that, since you will attract, and subconsciously be attracted to men who are bullies and abusers.

And when you do meet up with a guy, don't project to the future. Just see it as a time to enjoy someone's company, and take a day by day attitude. Just because you have a few dates with someone, doesn't mean every dating experience will evolve into a relationship.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice