Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why would a woman agree to be a married man's side girl?

A lot of married men may lie - say that they're unhappy in their marriage, are waiting until the right time and will leave their wives, and they keep the gf's hanging on. Some guys will string her along for years. The other woman may be living in that fantasy (he's going to leave his wife any day now and be with me) and ignore the indications that he's not going to leave his wife. Sometimes they do leave their wives, or the wives leave them, after they discover the affair.

Originally Posted by mrfloydian
    There is nothing that he has that other men don't have.. so why can't this woman leave him?
    There's a huge difference between "can't" and "won't," so I'd switch those words for accuracy. She's not helpless against using better judgment, she's decided not to do so.

I think the #1 reason tho is the excitement of doing something in secret. It's so naughty, the thrill of possibly getting caught.

Are you annoyed that she's dating him and won't go out with you?
    Originally Posted by mrfloydian
    So, this woman is actually someone I know.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Are you annoyed that she's dating him and won't go out with you?
    I was wondering the same thing.

If she wants to come here and get advice, awesome, if not it’s really no skin off your back unless you have skin in the game, which, to be fair again, says more about you than her cause while she’s chasing an unavailable man you’re chasing her , an unavailable woman...

Gold Member
    The woman is in love with the man, or maybe not love, but misinterpreted feelings. He feeds her the loving words and the feelings are there when they are together, but he has no intentions to leave his wife and take on a new wife with the same relationship challenges. He doesn't want to deal with divorce and custody and the division of property and all other things involved in divorce. He enjoys his mistress and says all the right things and everyone feels the feels, and the mistress loves him and is anxiously awaiting for him to leave his wife so that they can be an official couple, and that never happens, but she stays in the relationship on pins and needles, waiting. She gets rejected repeatedly on holidays and family gatherings, but next year...next year will be different because he'll leave his wife by then...and that doesn't happen. It's her feelings for him that keeps her in this place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice