LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can two people really get back together and last

Can two people really get back together and last

My ex girlfriend and I broke up over a month ago after a 1.7 year long relationship. We both are coping with our own issues an I will say I took the break up rather bad. Try in to get her back. Is he recently dumped a box my my stuff at my house. She said at the moment she doesn't want a relationship with anyone but wants me in her life. Would love to hear stories or advice on anyone. Preferable lesbian couples who have got back together successfully as well that's.my situation.

Platinum Member
    Before we can address getting back together, we need more information about your relationship.

Why did you two break up, and how old are the both of you?

Sorry to hear this. What was the breakup about? It sounds like she's wanted to breakup for a while and was quite unhappy. She's done. Do not contact her and reflect on the fact that you were very incompatible, had too much drama and fought way too much. Do not be friends or get strung along. She may have someone else on her radar.
    Originally Posted by SjJ21
    recently dumped a box my my stuff at my house. She said at the moment she doesn't want a relationship but wants me in her life.

F20 and F25.
    I've just started to deal with my anxiety and started takin medication and seeing a therapist. We had a fight during the first three weeks I was on my medication (If you don't know you get a lot worse before you get better can take up to 6 weeks for it to start to work)
    I've been working on my issues with myself and feel a lot better. But today seeing the box left outside my house (over 1 month after BU) left outside my house got to me. I honestly believe we still have hope for a future. But it will take months if not years to try an fix. I'm not going to sit around and wait for her but at the moment I dont want anyone else. So if another person comes up I'll give it a try. But I've never felt this way about anyone before.

Platinum Member
    What is going on currently that gives you hope you two have a future together ? Has she told you she wants to reconcile?

Last time we spoke she said she loves me But wants to be by herself. An thst who knows maybe in a few months we could try again. An just this guy feeling to be honest. Like I honestly feel that is be fine if we didn't work out. I know I'll find someone else if thst doesn't happen. But I have this guy feeling that we can work this out an try again, and make us last.

Platinum Member
    What were the fights about? How bad were they?

Gold Member
    WHat is a "guy feeling" you keep mentioning, can you advise please?

Platinum Member
    Last time we spoke she said she loves me But wants to be by herself. An thst who knows maybe in a few months we could try again. An just this guy feeling to be honest. Like I honestly feel that is be fine if we didn't work out. I know I'll find someone else if thst doesn't happen. But I have this guy feeling that we can work this out an try again, and make us last.
    Many exes say this to soften the blow. They don't realize or expect the other person to cling to those casually said words like a life raft.

OR, they say it because they want the other person to be available in case whatever they have planned doesn't work out.

Either way you hang on while she "figures things out" and does whatever she wants. Win-win for her, not so much for you.

Is this a typo or a same sex relationship?
    F20 and F25. But I have this guy feeling that we can work this out an try again, and make us last.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice