Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in a (kind of) long distance relationship and I'm finding it difficult.

yes, finished college for the Summer, I still had two years of studying left! Thanks for your helpful advice though :)

Yes, please be patient and stay focused. Work on finding a stable job for yourself that is fitting considering your education. Don't burn bridges with your current employer and consider cultivating healthy mentorships at your current workplace. With four years under your belt you should have something to stand for it on your resume. Don't let the time slip by without much meaning. You will be attending interviews soon. Brush up on your interview skills and start doing deeper research into your industry. Start visiting networking events and meeting and rubbing shoulders with other industry professionals. You can start with on-campus resources that were available to you in your senior years or as an alumni. Don't be afraid to speak to your old professors also. They are a wealth of information and will gladly point you in the right direction.

Good luck on that front. Also remember that someone who loves you will want to see you flourish and cultivate yourself. He sounds like a good person. Grow together and don't forget your work and your own goals.

This is great advice and really put me at ease, thank you very much :)

Sounds like a good bf who is putting in lots of effort. I'd be concentrating on applying for jobs in his area instead of stressing about your present, temporary situation. At least you can be proactive about polishing your resume and tweaking it to fit each individual job. I wouldn't recommend moving in with him, though. I'd get your own place, even if it's renting a room from someone. In that way, it won't be too much too soon, since you haven't dated a year yet. And even though he's really into you, it might be too overwhelming and smothering if you go from very little time together to 24/7 together. It'd be better to date at a normal pace, in separate living quarters, for awhile before taking the next step of moving in together.

Good luck in your selected career and your budding love life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice