I'm confused

Lonelyman23

I havent dated in a few years. I recently met a girl we started messaging and getting to know each other went on a date and everything was great the next day she invited me over we had a great time hung out and at the end of the night we kissed the next day she text me and said she had just come out of a relationship and wanted to slow down cause she has been known to get attached quick and wants to make sure this is what she wants I said ok now I havent allowed myself to like anyone for awhile so I got kinda caught up and was a little clingy but we sat down and talked and I stopped that..but sinse then when we are apart she is weird she text me first thing every morning good morning and we text all day till bed and she tells me good night and calls me during her lunch at work but she doesn't like compliment me I'll say things and she dont acknowledge it but when we hangout her body language is open and toward me makes eye contact flirts will sit up against me on the couch hold my arm like she is really into me and then hug me tight when I leave she sends me pics and stuff not dirty just pics but next day we talk all day and is very reserved and guarded like..its confusing the hell out of me i told her she put me in the friend zone and she responded with whatever stop why would you say that and I told her how she is being she said she feels we are friends right now cause she isnt ready yet..we are together prob 3 times a week and every time she is close to me touching even holds my hand sometimes she use to text alot of kissy face emojis and stuff also and now sends hardly any also use to say hun alot bit she generally says that to everybody but now never says that anymore..like I said when together sends every signal she is into me but when apart its differant and she Carrie's the texting conversation all day even when at work..I just dont know what to think or do..sorry this is so long.

The kiss we did have she told me when I talked to her in person that she felt like I expected it and it's not that she didnt want to kiss me but she felt obligated cause I kinda put myself out there like that. We went on a date today to a baseball game I sat with my arm around her and everything and when she left I just asked her so does it bother you when I do that or rub your leg any of that and she said no that is fine but yet she isnt ready for more and she really did just get out of a relationship a month ago honestly everything inside me says there is someone else or she is just liking the attention and I should walk away...I know I'm typically not her type also but neither was the last guy I've known here for about a year but we never hung out or anything till now

Just be honest with her. It doesn't sound like you've known her for more than a few weeks if she broke up with someone else a month ago. Part of dating is not just expecting clarity from the other person; it's also about being clear about what you want. If you haven't decided if you want sex only or something more serious, figure it out and enjoy spending time with the appropriate partners. What she's ready for is just 50% of the pie. What are you ready for?

"Take it slow" for her means no sex for a while. Yikes stop pushing the physical thing if you like her. Stop pressuring her or trying to score reading body language etc. If you like her stop all the texting and simply date. Go Out On Dates. When you try to push it after a couple of dates like this she'll just move on and put you in the "player, wants one thing" basket. Cool your heels or just move on if you don't like her that much.

said she had just come out of a relationship and wanted to slow down cause she has been known to get attached quick

i told her she put me in the friend zone

Archived