Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you stay with your partner... If they came out as bisexual?

Would you stay with your partner... If they came out as bisexual?

Would you still stay with them in a serious relationship?

Just wondering what people think after reading some questions on here.

So long as they're monogamous, it'd be irrelevant to me.

I wouldn't mind if the person was serious about you and feels like depsite being bi, they can have a monogamous relationship. Just depends on how strong the relationship is. However, if the person is young and hasn't experienced much life or their sexuality they I would want to take a break and explore.

Platinum Member
    Well I would be wondering why she has just told you now ! I would be suspicious that she is building up to her getting your approval to be with women.

When I was in college I was kinda freaked out when a dude I was interested in told me he was bi. It brought up a lot of personal insecurity. What if he was really gay and wasn't attracted to me? What if he liked men better than me? (and I'm pretty sure somewhere down deep I still thought being a gay male was icky) I dumped the guy.

Later when I was more experienced in relationships and dating, I found bi men to be delightful. Actually my first boyfriend ever was bi I didn't find out about that until years later.

All of the women I have dated are bisexual. Or pansexual. It's funny even though I have had long term relationships with both men and women I don't think of myself as bisexual. There is a surprising amount of stigma around bisexuality. Somehow bisexual has come to mean sl*tty or undecided. But at least bisexual people have put some thought into their sexuality.

At this point I think of being bi as a bonus (I'm non-monogamous).

If monogamous to me its a turn on

Platinum Member
    What j.man said. What their sexual preferences are isn't important, them staying loyal and monogamous while we're together is. And if they can't do that or they want to find out about the other side, so to speak then they need to end things with me properly first. After that they would be free to pursue whoever they like.

I'm hardcore monogamous, so that's the big thing they need to bring to the table. And fortunately my husband does and is as well.

Yes, just as long as they stay loyal to me.

Would you still stay with them in a serious relationship?
    I'm married and bisexual. I have yet to disclose my true sexual preference to my husband out of fear of stigma. Never cheated during the 12 years of our relationship and do not want to make him think I would consider it.

If monogamous to me its a turn on
    Out of curiosity, why is bisexuality turn on if the person wants a monogamous relationship only? People I know who are into bisexual people automatically label us as someone who's a swinger or wants to have an orgy.

If they told me after we had already started a relationship, no, I wouldn't stay with them. I would wonder what else they haven't told me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice