Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: How to tell a friend that Iím not going to take her to the musical...

Originally Posted by Nebraskagirl14
    There are two events. There was one that I am supposed to go to with her in the next week. Then there is the one she wanted me to take her to. When I saw her the other day, she reminded me that I told her I would go with her to this thing on the weekend. And I was going to bring up the other event to tell her that I wasnít going to take her to that because I knew I couldnít just let it go as she remembers everything and I anticipated that she would be contacting me and asking me about the details, etc. Only when I brought up the musical, anticipating that I was going to greatly upset her with my honesty, she had not only totally forgotten that we had discussed going together, but she had no interest in it any longer so it worked out perfectly!! As for the friendship, it remains tepid. I think we will always know each other in one way or another, but we donít spend much time together anymore. Anyway, it all worked out for the best. I didnít have to hurt her feelings and I am still going to the musical with the person I really want to go with and so itís a win-win.
    Great! Yay, you!

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Great! Yay, you!
    Thanks, Catfeeder!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Give Advice
Ask For Advice