Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Creating more boundaries and disentangling my life from hers

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I know I am but I have to be careful how things impact my daycare kids. They love her to death.
    Yes, but she is not reliable. You need to think about the long term.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Today I started networking with my neighbour who has a before and after home and she is a registered ECE. She is willing to help me out in some instances.
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Yes, but she is not reliable. You need to think about the long term.

Platinum Member
    Why don't you seek a permanent replacement?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It would cost me considerably more in employee payment and introduce crap loads of paperwork and legislation and increase my insurance considerably.
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Why don't you seek a permanent replacement?

I wouldn't change the NF password. I'd close the acct and start all over. Explain that you're closing the acct w/o having to explain. You don't need to validate yourself to her. Simply say it is closed.

If she wants to watch movies, have her pay for it, rent a DVD, go to the movie theater or however way she wishes to entertain herself. A lot of people will take advantage of you if you allow it.

Dump the freeloaders.

Then open up your own new NF acct and do so quietly.

OMG, what a moocher. That is just disgraceful!

If I didnt drive I would at least give you petrol money or pay for your movie ticket. It's what nice people do.

Also with Netflix. I would have set up a direct debit from my Bank to yours.

You seriously need to change things with her.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    I wouldn't change the NF password. I'd close the acct and start all over. Explain that you're closing the acct w/o having to explain. You don't need to validate yourself to her. Simply say it is closed.

If she wants to watch movies, have her pay for it, rent a DVD, go to the movie theater or however way she wishes to entertain herself. A lot of people will take advantage of you if you allow it.

Dump the freeloaders.

Then open up your own new NF acct and do so quietly.
    You actually don't have to close the account to make her THINK that you have closed the account.

I did this when I broke up with my last ex. I told him that I was cancelling Netflix and Hulu because I needed to save some money. He said okay. I changed the passwords and then went into settings and clicked "logout of all devices". Bam, done.

On her end(s), she will be signed out of all devices and (obviously) she won't know the new password. There is no way for her to verify or confirm that you deleted the account OR simply changed the password. The result is the same on her end.

She is a total freeloader. By all means, go for horror movies with her (I love horror movies too, I get it) but I would not have her on your Netflix account, pay her taxes, put up with stupid crap from her on the job, or offer her rides. You need to start saying "no" to her and letting her deal with it.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    You actually don't have to close the account to make her THINK that you have closed the account.

I did this when I broke up with my last ex. I told him that I was cancelling Netflix and Hulu because I needed to save some money. He said okay. I changed the passwords and then went into settings and clicked "logout of all devices". Bam, done.

On her end(s), she will be signed out of all devices and (obviously) she won't know the new password. There is no way for her to verify or confirm that you deleted the account OR simply changed the password. The result is the same on her end.

She is a total freeloader. By all means, go for horror movies with her (I love horror movies too, I get it) but I would not have her on your Netflix account, pay her taxes, put up with stupid crap from her on the job, or offer her rides. You need to start saying "no" to her and letting her deal with it.
    Sounds good, Fudgie. I hope OP, Seraphim will change her passwords and deactivate her moocher from sponging off her. Yeah, freeloaders do what they do if you let them get away with it!

She mentioned the movie coming out this Friday and I just said , oh yeah thatís nice .

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I know I am but I have to be careful how things impact my daycare kids. They love her to death.
    Kids get new teachers all the time. If she is only around part time anyway, and someone new comes on, you can tell the kids when a new person comes"Mrs. Nancy is going to be taking care of you now. Mrs. Nancy has a parrot and cat. Isn't that cool?" And if they ask where Mrs. Becky is, you say "Mrs. Becky is driving a bus now". or whatever you want to say.

I would move her immediately down to part time as far as cutting her days and stop carrying her taxes.

Her daughter being a mooch is not your concern. Like mother, like daughter.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice