Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating more boundaries and disentangling my life from hers

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    We both have a great love of horror movies none of my other friends do even my husband despises it. And I hate his choice of movies so we never go to the movies together .
    I go to movies alone -is that not comfortable for you?

Platinum Member
    We both have a great love of horror movies none of my other friends do even my husband despises it. And I hate his choice of movies so we never go to the movies together .
    Look into a horror movie Meet up.

Stop making excuses. These are not reasons to keep someone like this in your life.

Well you can look at it as her being more of an acquaintance, rather than a "friend". Just change some of the expectations that come with a true friendship to "we just hang out". Is that where you kinda want to go with this?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Not really. By the time all the kids are gone from my house at 5:30 in the evening . They enter my house at 6:30 in the morning . Basically I eat clean up and go to bed . On the weekends I am deep cleaning the playroom ,buying groceries for the daycare ,spending some time with my husband ,singing at church and being at Mass. I am also president of our local Catholic Womenís League. Plus my husband and I have ageing and frail parents . At this point Iím so busy I barely have time to breathe.
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I don't think you should continue with a user friend because you friend network is getting smaller.

Do you have any free time to do new activities to meet people?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Nope. Creeps me out.
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I go to movies alone -is that not comfortable for you?

I could try. I live in a little dinky Doo town so Iím not sure what kind of meet ups there are .
    Look into a horror movie Meet up.

Stop making excuses. These are not reasons to keep someone like this in your life.

I think so.
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Well you can look at it as her being more of an acquaintance, rather than a "friend". Just change some of the expectations that come with a true friendship to "we just hang out". Is that where you kinda want to go with this?

Platinum Member
    Not really. By the time all the kids are gone from my house at 5:30 in the evening . They enter my house at 6:30 in the morning . Basically I eat clean up and go to bed . On the weekends I am deep cleaning the playroom ,buying groceries for the daycare ,spending some time with my husband ,singing at church and being at Mass. I am also president of our local Catholic Womenís League. Plus my husband and I have ageing and frail parents . At this point Iím so busy I barely have time to breathe.
    Can't you make new friends through church and the Catholic League?

I have friends there. They are also 80 and would drop dead if I asked them to a horror movie.
    Can't you make new friends through church and the Catholic League?

The town I live in is a lot of military retirees over 70 and very young families . And unfortunately one of the highest teen mother rates in the whole country .

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice