Crossdresser

It's called Transvestic Disorder (DSM-5 302.3). However, calling it a disorder is not truly fair. Many people with transvestic tendencies do not need treatment as they don't feel bad about it and/or can share it with understanding partners.

As someone who studied interdisciplinary social sciences one line comes to mind: "If someone perceives something is a problem, the resulting consequences are problematic." Thus, as you feel bad about it I'd recommend going to therapy. A therapist deals with these behavioural tendencies on a daily basis and won't judge you for it. They will challenge you to understand why you feel bad about it and depending on the source will either help you change this behaviour or become accepting of it.

Really, the only thing you can do is visit a therapist and talk about it.

Well I mean if you enjoy it, you don't have to feel bad and guilty. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. You are an adult and you were doing this with your ex wife who is also an adult. You are doing this privately and not hurting anyone. Can you think of why you may feel guilty about it? I mean it may just be a fetish the way liking feet or golden showers is a fetish. Some fetishes are "weird" but what's weird is subjective. Some people may think peeing on people is weird but to each their own.

Another guess is you miss your ex wife and are grieving the break up and this is a big thing you had from her, the request that you cross dress. So you are clinging on to it because you're struggling to get over and let go of your relationship. Just a guess. I'm no Sigmund Freud lol

Archived