Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to expect someone to delete tinder

When to expect someone to delete tinder

Hi,
    I joined tinder a couple of weeks ago not expecting much but was plesently surprised to match with someone who I get on great with. I have children and one child who is very attached to me so we haven't met yet and decided to go slow.
    We had discussed meeting in a couple of weeks but then yesterday he said had a bit of a panic about meeting as apparently he struggles socially so for now the meet is off until he is ready which is fine with me as we do get on well. We text a lot each day and I am developing feelings for him.
    I had told him I stopped using tinder and asked if he was still messaging on there and he said no he was a one women man etc.
    Anyway this morning I went on Tinder to read back through our early conversation and notice he has changed his write up which surely he would only do if he is messaging people? Am I asking to much to expect him to not be doing this?
    I kind of feel like he will keep up the message to me until someone better comes along!
    Am I being unreasonable or should I bring this up with him?
    Thank you

Platinum Member
    You haven't even met yet? Yeah, too soon.

When will you meet?

No we haven't met.
    We had arranged it for in a couple of weeks but yesterday he suddenly said he didn't know what he was looking for so just be friends. After talking on this more he said about his social anxiety and how he is scared of meeting so wants more time.
    I just don't want to be played for an idiot.

Platinum Member
    You haven't even dated this guy, why would you delete your profile? He is stranger, why would you invest so much!

Big red glad time: afraid to meet because he is socially awkward. Are you looking to become someone's texting buddy? Do you think he may be married or have a gf?

Stop wasting your time texting this guy. Get back on the website! In fact,get on more than one

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sparkle1234
    No we haven't met.
    We had arranged it for in a couple of weeks but yesterday he suddenly said he didn't know what he was looking for so just be friends. After talking on this more he said about his social anxiety and how he is scared of meeting so wants more time.
    I just don't want to be played for an idiot.
    Lose him.....

No I don't think he has a wife or gf but no I am not just looking for a text buddy.
    You are right I am completely new to this kind of dating and unfortunately much to trusting too!
    Thank you, good advice

Platinum Member
    You should be meeting someone within two weeks, or sooner.

I think there would have been a lot of excuses. You do not know this man, he could very easily be involved with someone else. Even if he isn't, do you want to wait for someone who scared to meet you?

You will become savvy, quickly.

Good luck!

I could understand the longer than normal meeting time because I wanted to get to know him (as much as I could online) before meeting because of my children but now I am ready to meet he suddenly isn't ready.

This is my first attempt at dating after a long term relationship so think I need to get savvy!
    Thank you

My first thought is he's married or living with someone or in a relationship and is just checking who's out there. You havent even met this guy so there's no reason for him to delete his profile. His social anxiety could be real or could be BS because he doesnt plan to meet with you. People can and do say plenty of stuff in text messages that they'd never say to your face.

I don't think he is in a relationship mainly because of how much we text especially of an evening (again I know I could be completely wrong there)
    Yeah I figured I was unreasonable about his profile I think I just have different ideas to others and if I feel a connection with someone I like to explore that and not continue looking but I get that is just me!
    Guess I just got sucked in with the sweet texts etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice