Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Advice ASAP

Stop making lame excuses for staying. You don't need the police to file a restraining order. Here's what I found with little effort, searching the Internet: Petitions for a Restraining Order are made through the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller. Your family members should also file, since he threatened them as well.

Another search showed a shelter for people in crisis, with counseling about resources.

If you don't love yourself enough to accept being held prisoner, at least love your child enough to get out any way you can.

Take his threats seriously. I had a friend who left an alcoholic who'd turned abusive. She moved in with her parents. When she went out to breakfast with her father, her ex trailed them, killed both and himself.

Your man could just be bluffing to emotionally blackmail you, but you don't know what goes on inside his head. After leaving, I'd probably tell his closest relative to be aware he's emotionally unstable and should be Baker-acted if he goes into stalking mode or into a rage or a deep depression.

Take care.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Apineda0783
    I have tried to leave the relationship but has threatened my life and family. I have gone to the police and no results. I feel trapped.
    Yet your primary concern that brought you here was proving to him that a joke made months ago is just a joke?

OP, I don't mean to be harsh, but your priorities are dangerously skewed. You need to get away from this man immediately, before he makes good on any threat. You should not be exposing your child to any of this. Contact the police or emergency services again to inform them of the threats.

Do not tell him where you are going. Do not give him a heads-up that you're leaving. Contact a women's shelter in your area if need be, or a trusted friend or family member he doesn't know and come up with a plan to leave and stay there for a while.

This is disturbing on a whole other level.

Originally Posted by Apineda0783
    Is there some way I can get through my boyfriend's head that all it was was a smart remark?
    No. And BF's paranoia will never get better, it will only get worse. And remaining involved with him is dangerous. Unfortunately, so is breaking up with him.

Consider contacting a local or Internet domestic violence agency for an opinion if you doubt what I'm saying, and work with them as your experts in forming plan to get out of this relationship safely.

Platinum Member
    The OP is long gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice