LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice ASAP

he had a friend over that was staying for a couple of days
    I'm still wondering why he even asked her who she was talking to when he knows that his friend is staying with them, who the heck else would she be talking to? SMH

When my husband and I were dating, we made a rule that once we settled an argument, it wasn't to be brought up again--rehashing things over and over.

If it were me, when he brought up that he thought I was having an affair, I'd tell him I can't be with a partner who doesn't trust me--that I won't pay for a crime I never committed by being regularly berated.

It's an ultimatum, but either you're a doormat or you stand up for yourself, because if a guy doesn't treat you right, love yourself enough to cut the loser loose.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I'm still wondering why he even asked her who she was talking to when he knows that his friend is staying with them, who the heck else would she be talking to? SMH
    That is my question, too.

OP, this guy has some serious insecurity issues. He doesn't trust you if he actually believes you are cheating with his friend, and continues to punish you for a figment on his imagination.

Do not enable him by continuing to listen to his baseless accusations, much less defend yourself against them. Tell him very firmly to knock it off or it's done. And mean it.

Hi,
    Thank you so much for your opinion and suggestions. I do keep myself occupied, I have a 5 year old daughter and if you're a parent you understand. I have tried to leave the relationship but has threatened my life and family. I have gone to the police and no results. I feel trapped.

That's what I told him!

Thank you and I agree.

Thank you so much, you made me cry in a good way

Platinum Member
    Why haven't you gone to live with your family? How can you expose your child to this guy? Has he hit you?

Did you tell the police he threatened your life? Have you contacted an abuse hotline?

Leave him.

Platinum Member
    You think staying with this guy will be good for your child???

Tell your family he threatened you. Have them help you leave him and then have them take you to file a police report and a restraining order.

If you can't leave for yourself... leave for your child. Your daughter will only think this is "normal"... She deserves a strong mom who doesn't put up with abusers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice