LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Boyfriend's Dad Has No Boundaries

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Someone who cheats on you is NOT your support system. Being single is a better support system. Get your stuff and move to Jersey - by yourself. Period. Be single, get your head screwed on straight, get a job, work on finding hobbies and new friends. Friends moving away from you will happen your entire life. You do not respond to that by getting into an abusive relationship (yes cheating is a form of abuse) with a man old enough to be your dad. That is just gross. On top of that, this man's own father is also some old creep who comes around randomly to gawk at you. Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree. Like father like son. This entire situation is beyond disturbing.

Seriously.....grow up OP. It's high time. You have way bigger issues than this creepy old man creeping around you...literally. Unless there is something you perversely enjoy about this situation and get off on yourself....LEAVE. Now. Today. NOTHING is stopping except yourself.
    She also cheated on him... Apparently he's not meeting her sexual needs nor is his father respecting her privacy needs. Makes one wonder why she is still living there with him?

Is it better than being homeless, Pinky? Is that why you put up with it all?

Platinum Member
    Pinky, you do realize that this will not go on forever. He will find a younger replacement and toss you out. Don't you think you should deal with your alcoholism, the abuse through a counselor/support group, and find a job before it happens?

What do you get out of this horrendous situation? I will not call it relationship.

I'd move but first I'd put a chain lock on the door so he cant just waltz into your apt. He wont like it, but too bad. There are landlord and tenant laws everywhere, you need to get a copy of them for your area and if your bf wont show him the relevant part about just walking in, then you need to do it.

He may not have boundaries, but you share equal, maybe more responsibility in enforcing yours. You've done your part. You've made your case and he chooses to ignore it. Now it's a matter of being disrespectful.
    Put a chain on the door and when he bumps into it, tell him that you have asked for your privacy respectfully and since it hasn't happened, this was your only choice.
    Point out that you would never just walk in on him. Please give you the same courtesy.
    Let him deal the with discomfort and leave him to it 'til he works it out.

Platinum Member
    I just got a PM stating I am a troll. All I did was repost earlier threads.

OP, get your life together! Get a job, go to AA, get abuse counseling, and most importantly, lose the old man bf!

Thread Closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice