LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ummmmm what just happened????

Thanks for the help, kamurj.
    I didn't realize before you could so easily switch to desktop site using Chrome like that.
    I had the same issue as the others, on an Android phone, but that remedied it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by kamurj
    Where you on a mobile device? From the logs it appears you are on a mobile.

I suspect the native solution can't handle mobile detection properly and therefore we will be testing a solution that we have been using on the website in general for many years. I will be analyzing the effect of how the website is being indexed, ranked by search engines. I probably will need to keep this setting for at least a month or so.

There is no reputation feature in the mobile interface, there is a reply button at the top and bottom of every thread.

Some browsers like chrome can force the desktop interface and if you want to try it please see [Register to see the link]
    Thanks for this link, kamurj. It worked for me too and I learned something new. 👍👍

If you flip your phone into landscape mode you can press on the three dots and request the desktop site in google chrome.

Platinum Member
    It is still doing it. Every time I go back into the site from the phone, I must refresh. Something is off.

Should not be doing so if you are logged in. But if it happens please see the links in this thread on how to use your browser's build in feature to request desktop versions of websites.

Platinum Member
    Yes. I have had to keep hitting refresh.

If 1. you are logged, 2. followed in the instructions I posted for ios and android and 3. the style selector at the end of the page does not work too something is wrong. The only other thing I would suggest is maybe deleting your browser cache.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice