Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Sexless marriage???

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    She has a right to mental health medication and be a functioning human being . I think of sex is so very critical get divorced.

Originally Posted by Purdy
    well if that's the case and she specifically told you the dose would be lowered and told you she's began taking the lower dose and isn't doing so, then all you can do is make a mental note of it (that she's not telling you the truth). you cannot force her to lower her dose if she's not ready all you can do is control yourself and ask yourself these things.

is this who i want to continue to love forever, a liar who can't even tell me the silliest of truths?

is this enough for me to leave and/or file for divorce?

is this how someone who is supposed to love me should behave?

like i've said before, we all have limits and i really think you will eventually hit yours. it may not be now or soon, but eventually you will have enough. people usually don't change unless there is a motivation to and right now you haven't given her any motivation to change because everything is the same right now.

I have asked myself these questions I have to admit but I always come back to the same two issues that cause the problem of a solution.
    I donít want to loose her but I canít continue the rest of my life in the current situation.
    I do believe I have done my best to give her some motivation though. Things are far from the same they were about 5/6 months ago. I have made a real effort to change things that she wasnít happy about. Iím now a totally different person for this and I actually enjoy doing most of it if Iím being honest.

I have always been supporting and caring towards her needs and emotions, that has never been a problem. Iím not perfect by a long shot but I would say there is a lot lot worse than me out there.
    I have always made sure Iím there for my wife and that she wants for nothing if I can help.

This is part of the reason that she agreed to lower her dose till she came off the antidepressants. She has been taking them for a number of years and she agreed she needed them at a point in her life but that point in her life has been and gone for a long time.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    She has a right to mental health medication and be a functioning human being . I think of sex is so very critical get divorced.
    Iím not for a second saying she doesnít but when she tells me she only took them for a certain time in her life that she couldnít cope with which has now passed some years ago then there really is no need (her words not mine).

If you read my previous posts it wasnít my idea to do this and never entered my mind they could be causing an issue if they actually are.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Timeout74
    Iím not for a second saying she doesnít but when she tells me she only took them for a certain time in her life that she couldnít cope with which has now passed some years ago then there really is no need (her words not mine).

If you read my previous posts it wasnít my idea to do this and never entered my mind they could be causing an issue if they actually are.
    I do read them . But , yes absolutely 100% they cause sexual dysfunction. My husband has been on them 21 years .

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I do read them . But , yes absolutely 100% they cause sexual dysfunction. My husband has been on them 21 years .
    It certainly seems so as Iíve been reading up in the effects they have one people.
    Unfortunately the reality is that a large number of people are seeing a massive difference in the sexual dysfunction.

It may not be the case in my wife but the fact she seems it might be only she can know this and try to work on it.

Thanks for your input.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Give Advice
Ask For Advice