Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

I just wanted some advice..
    I have recently been invited on my boyfriendís friends hen party, it is abroad and for three nights. A couple of years ago my boyfriend cheated on me (kissed) the brides best friend, who turns out to be the maid of honour. Although I have forgiven him and we have moved on, I have found it hard to forgive the girl as she knew he had a girlfriend at the time and every time we see her at friend events she tries and makes conversation with my boyfriend (obviously trying to rub it in my face).
    So I donít know whether or not to go on the hen do? I donít want to feel uncomfortable and put in a situation I donít want to be in, for some reason the girl obviously wants to still make things awkward (such an adult), but I feel like I am letting the bride and other girls down by not going.
    So does anyone have any opinions on the matter that they would like to share? As I am so 50/50 about the situation.
    Please no nasty comments

Go for the other people and have fun. Don't pay attention to the past or her. It was most likely a stupid move on your bf's part and that's who you really have a grudge against. How serious are you with your bf and how close are you to the other attendees? Let that determine whether you decide to go.
    Originally Posted by sophielsx
    I have recently been invited on my boyfriendís friends hen party, it is abroad and for three nights. A couple of years ago my boyfriend cheated on me (kissed) the brides best friend, who turns out to be the maid of honour.

If you feel comfortable enough - go! Be the bigger person. Perhaps you could be civil, yet firm and professional with her. You don't want her to think she got the best of you, you want her to feel as if she has no effect on you whatsoever...

Platinum Member
    I think that it is interesting that you forgave him, and not her. Will never understand that!

If you like the other people, then go.

Thatís why Iím 50/50 because I donít want her to feel like she has Ďwoní. I guess Iím just apprehensive, itís not a situation I ever thought Iíd be in

Weíve been together for 5 years, and I wouldnít say I hold a grudge towards my boyfriend but at least he has taken half of the responsibility which she hasnít, so it was a stupid move on both parts

It may be because she still tries to be all over him when we attend friends parties? He has apologised and feels guilty where as she is a cold faced about it, so maybe thatís why :)

I have recently been invited on my boyfriendís friends hen party
    Just to put this in context... is your boyfriend's friend a female, or is it his male friend's partner?

Platinum Member
    Was she your friend?

Platinum Member
    It may be because she still tries to be all over him when we attend friends parties? He has apologised and feels guilty where as she is a cold faced about it, so maybe thatís why :)
    What does he do when she flirts with him?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice