Got back together...Five Year Update

PosType

Hello everyone,

My younger sister recently had her heart broken so I wanted to show her ENA to help her move on and I remembered a few topics I posted back when I was active and going through something similar. The last time I was active on this forum was back in 2014 with my last post being about how my ex girlfriend and I got back together.

I wrote a post on how it happened but the TL;DR is we dated for 3 and a half years before she broke up with me out of the blue. I was crushed and depressed for a few months but I found this forum, looked into why us as humans feel this way after having our hearts broken and studied up on how to feel better. I went 100% no contact about a week after the break up, started exercising again, feeling great, and making new friends, and going on a few dates. After 18 months of no contact, my ex appeared back in my life, and after a month of talking through it, we decided to give it a 2nd chance.

That was over 5 years ago, and as of September 9, 2018 she was no longer my girlfriend but my wife and soon we'll be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. It's hard work but both sides have to be committed and it can happen.

It always gets better in the end. If it's not better, it's not the end. Wishing you all the best...

I had no intention of posting again after the last one. I just remembered this site because of my sister. And no, she won’t be posting here. I dont even know if she’ll actually look at this site. I just sent her the link. Figured I would update since my story of “getting back together” ended well and that’s what this forum is for, right?

Thanks everyone for the positive comments :smug:

Congrats.

This will be your 3rd NC worked for me update.

Did your sister need advice? Is she going to create an account? Use yours?

What are we doing?

Edit: this is the 3rd. Ohh well? Good luck to everyone else going through the struggles

I had no intention of posting again after the last one. I just remembered this site because of my sister. And no, she won’t be posting here. I dont even know if she’ll actually look at this site. I just sent her the link. Figured I would update since my story of “getting back together” ended well and that’s what this forum is for, right?

Thanks everyone for the positive comments :smug:

Edit: this is the 3rd. Ohh well? Good luck to everyone else going through the struggles

Thanks! See you in three years!

If your sister wants some support suggest she create an account. I wish her luck on her healing journey and congrats again.

Archived