Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance of getting the job?

Chance of getting the job?

Hey eNA!

Posting because I have a situation I havent been in before and Im curious on what yall think of it.

A month ago I was approached by an internal recruiter to a very large company in my industry. She seemed eager to chat but honestly it seemed too good to be true - mostly because that very week I had thought to myself man, I sure would love to work for [company she works at]

I did the phone screen with her and she said my name was given to her by management on a short list and they are looking to source talent generically. There is no specific job, they just anticipate jobs and they want a mix of experiences already onboard to deploy talent quickly.

She asked for my resume and I sent it over. Two or three weeks later I got a request to interview over the phone with a high level person (which is next week).

This feels really good. But Im trying not to get my hopes up arbitrarily. What are your thoughts?

Have yall ever been approached this way before?

Thanks everyone!

Platinum Member
    Are you sure she is who she says she is? It seems odd to be looking for something "generic" as you put it.

You're in the running. Good luck! 😉
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    She asked for my resume and I sent it over. Two or three weeks later I got a request to interview over the phone with a high level person (which is next week).

My Daughter does the exact job that the lady who approached you does.

She sources candidates through Seek, Linked in, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
    She looks for people who are qualified for roles, interviews them & places them on their internal data base for any future roles that become available in the Company.
    The internal Recruiters then have a choice of candidates ready and waiting for positions. It saves them a lot of time.

Good luck!!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by shellyf62

She looks for people who are qualified for roles, interviews them & places them on their internal data base for any future roles that become available in the Company.
    The internal Recruiters then have a choice of candidates ready and waiting for positions. It saves them a lot of time.

Good luck!!!
    Oh this makes sense -so then OP just understand that this will just put you in a pool of candidates if your interview goes well as opposed to it being directly relevant to an offer of employment. Up to you whether you want to invest the time in the interview.

Originally Posted by shellyf62

Good luck!!!
    Is your daughter internal or third party?

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Oh this makes sense -so then OP just understand that this will just put you in a pool of candidates if your interview goes well as opposed to it being directly relevant to an offer of employment. Up to you whether you want to invest the time in the interview.
    I want a role with them so bad. :(

More commentary, too:

They are desperately seeking women. Its a published initiative to hire more women, and they self reported that they are behind their goals.

The group Im interviewing with has a lot of planned activity the next two years.

If that changes anything

Congrats on the interview. I think it's a good idea to go for it and ask the questions you'd like to ask. It's still early days but it's nice to be included and go ahead for the phone interview. It sounds like you know the company quite well. Gender gaps or gender inequality could mean existing instances of sexual harassment and issues regarding gender equity. There's a likelihood the company is male-dominated and it's looking to change its culture (at the heart of it). I wouldn't do anything differently in an interview except be more aware of company culture and industry standards. Don't be afraid to negotiate later on if you're being considered for a position.

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Is your daughter internal or third party?
    She is an Internal sourcer

Platinum Member
    Go for it! Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice