LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance of getting the job?

Fingers crossed for you, MLD!

By all means, do it! Sounds like a win-win great opportunity for you, mustlovedogs! Best wishes!

Iím definitely going for it :) Iím trying to gauge what my chance is!

Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    Iím definitely going for it :) Iím trying to gauge what my chance is!
    Nobody else's crystal ball is better than your own. I'd prep for the interview and ace it, but beyond that, too much focus can be a roller coaster ride. I've been through rounds of interviews right down to an offer that got sidelined when the firm reorganized only to have a better offer come back around months later. I've aced interviews only to hear nothing--then another invitation to reopen talks a month later.

When you can allow for the fact that timing and outcomes are rarely about us and always about the internals of any given firm, you can relax into trusting that if it's a meant-to-be deal, it will fall into place when the time is right. Meanwhile, do your best, lay your iron in the fire, then let it go. Your stomach lining will thank you, and you'll thank yourself for restful sleep. Hopefully, all the way to the bank!

In your corner,
    Cat

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Nobody else's crystal ball is better than your own. I'd prep for the interview and ace it, but beyond that, too much focus can be a roller coaster ride. I've been through rounds of interviews right down to an offer that got sidelined when the firm reorganized only to have a better offer come back around months later. I've aced interviews only to hear nothing--then another invitation to reopen talks a month later.

When you can allow for the fact that timing and outcomes are rarely about us and always about the internals of any given firm, you can relax into trusting that if it's a meant-to-be deal, it will fall into place when the time is right. Meanwhile, do your best, lay your iron in the fire, then let it go. Your stomach lining will thank you, and you'll thank yourself for restful sleep. Hopefully, all the way to the bank!

In your corner,
    Cat
    Yes I agree! MLD one time I interviewed twice for my dream job within about a two-week period. Then I heard they'd decided to let the current guy telecommute after all. A few months later I get called -telecommuting guy didn't' work out, I'm on the short list and they'd like to meet me for one final time and likely give me an offer. And.... by then I was 15 weeks preggers (I didn't know until right after the first round of interviews). So I declined because I didn't know my post-birth plans and didn't want to take up their time. But goes to show you timing is everything. In my current job I assumed it would take months for them to call me given the type of industry. I got called about week post-application, interviewed a week after that, offer a week after that. Awesome job, almost 3 years now. I wish the same for you.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes I agree! MLD one time I interviewed twice for my dream job within about a two-week period. Then I heard they'd decided to let the current guy telecommute after all. A few months later I get called -telecommuting guy didn't' work out, I'm on the short list and they'd like to meet me for one final time and likely give me an offer. And.... by then I was 15 weeks preggers (I didn't know until right after the first round of interviews). So I declined because I didn't know my post-birth plans and didn't want to take up their time. But goes to show you timing is everything. In my current job I assumed it would take months for them to call me given the type of industry. I got called about week post-application, interviewed a week after that, offer a week after that. Awesome job, almost 3 years now. I wish the same for you.
    Awesome thank you everyone!

I want it to work so bad. It feels almost like fate.

I had literally that WEEK thought about trying to get on with this company when they approached me.

They are hiring more women, the head of the group went to my university (which isnít common where I live), my company is doing layoffs, the new companyís office is closer to my new place than my current job, this is the most responsive and helpful HR group Iíve ever worked with...

It feels too good to be true honestly

Oh! And on the HR screen they asked my salary. When I answered they seemed surprised. I asked why and their response was ďthatís lower than we expectedĒ

Platinum Member
    This is typical of a head hunter to do this. It's their job to match talent. Good luck!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Sounds like there is definite interest on their part, so thatís great!

You didnít ask for interview advice, but Iíll put in my two cents:

Itís all about WIIFM, from them. ďWhatís in it for meĒ if I hire MLD?

So make your interview about them, not about you, if that makes sense. All the stuff you can bring to the table, that will benefit them.

I know this is common sense, but it all bears repeating, as Iíve mistaked myself out of jobs before, and I can tell you really want this!

Also, do your research, and come up with some good questions, specific to the company, its offerings, and how your strengths will apply.

Originally Posted by LHGirl

So make your interview about them, not about you, if that makes sense. All the stuff you can bring to the table, that will benefit them.

I know this is common sense, but it all bears repeating, as Iíve mistaked myself out of jobs before, and I can tell you really want this!

Also, do your research, and come up with some good questions, specific to the company, its offerings, and how your strengths will apply.
    Thank you, that is solid advice. I appreciate it!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl

I agree with this so much. Certainly you-the interviewee -shouldn't appear "desperate" but yes the mindset of how you can be an asset to the organization, the department, etc. Also have 3-5 questions ready that cannot be answered on the website. One I usually ask is 'how would you describe the atmosphere here" - it's a question that seems to go over well.

I will never forget interviewing someone who was interviewing at most of the major firms in our industry (entry level) -I asked why she wanted to work at our firm in particular. She said "oh, I don't know, you know they're all basically the same like carrots and peas." Right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice