LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Platinum Member
    If you're perfectly happy now, then don't let this woman bother you. She's only making a fool of herself if she continues to try to trigger you, when this all happened a couple years ago and he hasn't made any other moves to be with her.

If she does keep it up while you're at this hen party, pull her aside and tell her very firmly to stop. Remind her that this is the bride's weekend and she should be mindful not to create drama. Then walk away and ignore her.

Does the bride know what happened?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    If she does keep it up while you're at this hen party, pull her aside and tell her very firmly to stop. Remind her that this is the bride's weekend and she should be mindful not to create drama. Then walk away and ignore her.

Does the bride know what happened?
    Keep what up, exactly? Why let someone bait you into a confrontation over a situation you've already 'won'?

If miss douchbag wants your BF, then too-bad-so-sad. I'd be as polite to her as I would be to a stranger, and if she doesn't respond well to that, it's a reflection on her, not me. Let her act like one hand clapping while you remain cheerful and ignorant of whatever her problem might be.

That's if you opt to go. I see no reason to position yourself in discomfort for 3 days for anyone but the closest, most loving relationships in your life. If these are not close friends, then why bother feeding a fantasy that people care as much about your love life as you imagine?

Just ignore her. Obviously she will not get anywhere with your BF no matter what she does, so you have nothing to worry about.

I think she's just having a hard time knowing when no means no. Sometimes people don't think that far or overanalyze why someone appears stiff or stuck up (not saying he is but he may be acting a bit weird for your sake). They're there to have a good time. She may be trying to be cordial even though it looks inappropriate given the history. Why don't you focus more on your sexy bf and appreciate the fact that others think he's attractive too? I agree with Smackie - trust your bf.

If you have a deep distrust of him, maybe it's a good idea to look at the relationship as a whole and see whether this is worth pursuing.
    Last edited by Rose Mosse; 08-29-2019 at 01:12 PM.

I honestly donít have a distrust in my boyfriend, the whole post is about thoughts on whether I should attend the hen party which is what is bringing me down at the moment

Go if you think you'll have fun. Don't go if the idea is boring to you. It's his friend's hen party after all and doesn't sound much of a friend to you. Do you hang out with them much or know them?

Platinum Member
    OP, your focus should be on why he has not shut this girl down. If he had, she would not be flirting with him, when they see one another- he enjoys the attention and this is disrespectful and hurtful to you. Sorry, but little has changed since he cheated on you. You need to wake up. He is the problem. Time to look at the big picture!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by sophielsx
    I honestly donít have a distrust in my boyfriend, the whole post is about thoughts on whether I should attend the hen party which is what is bringing me down at the moment
    How close are you to the bride? Does she know what happened between your boyfriend and her best friend?

Perhaps it's too painful and embarrassing to go? It's a long time ago but many people there may know about your bf's indiscretions, no?

Also there's a painful irony celebrating this woman's wedding, commitment, etc in stark contrast to your bf's lack of commitment to you.

If you believe they will pity you or are still be gossiping about your bf's behavior and betrayals then perhaps foregoing the whole thing would help.
    Originally Posted by sophielsx
    A couple of years ago my boyfriend cheated on me (kissed) the brides best friend, who turns out to be the maid of honour. Although I have forgiven him and we have moved on, I have found it hard to forgive the girl as she knew he had a girlfriend at the time and every time we see her at friend events she tries and makes conversation with my boyfriend.

Yes she knew and she never told me... but now defends her best friend saying it wasnít her fault

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice