LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cold showers

Cold showers

On my news feed a story in the Sun and on Yahoo, recently came out that a Youtube family was giving their 2 year old child a cold shower as punishment for toilet training issues.

There has now been a petition started on change.org to investigate this family for child abuse.

In previous videos from years before, their older daughter has hinted at cold showers as punishment, making one wonder if this was done to all the children. (they have 4).

What are your thoughts on this? Is this child abuse? Should this family be investigated or have their channel shut down?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Absolutely child abuse. Disgusting.

It seems excessive. I understand different parents do have different ways of parenting but this is too much. Extreme methods of punishment don't solve issues effectively.

Attacks (unforeseen onslaughts) on an individual's physical body or space or mental gymnastics (mind games) destabilize a child's ability to place him/herself in their environment and I think what ends up happening is the cycle repeats itself as that individual hasn't learned how to properly assess his/her environment.

What it does is create an environment of fear and fear-based responses are not reliable responses in the long term (mental/emotional instability).

Any punishment for toilet training issues is just plain WRONG. Cold Showers is ABUSE!

Bronze Member
    This is abuse, someone should report this Youtube channel.

Kim, it has been reported. But I don't know if anything is being done.

This family is still putting out videos.

Someone should give the parents cold showers and see how they like it. Kids are toilet trained at different ages and stages in their lives. My daughter took a long time to reach the dry pants stage, my son was very quick. Daughter was never punished. Also, a 2 yr old's anatomy is not ready for the rigours of learning toilet training, their little bodies are growing and changing every day and not at the same rate as the next kid.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Someone should give the parents cold showers and see how they like it. Kids are toilet trained at different ages and stages in their lives. My daughter took a long time to reach the dry pants stage, my son was very quick. Daughter was never punished. Also, a 2 yr old's anatomy is not ready for the rigours of learning toilet training, their little bodies are growing and changing every day and not at the same rate as the next kid.
    I agree! My Son had issues after his Mother divorced me. Even though he was potty trained, he insisted on wearing pull-ups. We just allowed him to come around at his own pace.

Is it okay to do this to any kid at any age? I feel it's cruel no matter what age.

I'm not sure how any parent can justify this.

I don't agree with it.
    Yet this and waaaay worse goes on all the time, as there are no qualifications to be a parent.
    And if it is reported? At the very most, a parenting class. And doubtful it will even come to that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice