Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cold showers

What kind of morons would make videos of this type of thing and post it on YouTube? Why not hit the report button on the YouTube menu for this video? YouTube is featuring it which is almost as reprehensible as the content.
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    a Youtube family was giving their 2 year old child a cold shower as punishment for toilet training issues. .Should this family be investigated or have their channel shut down?

They are quite big Youtubers and have made lots of money making videos, which is unfortunate given how they seem to treat their children.

I don't think they find this wrong. They literally told everyone they were doing this to their child. There was a news article about it in The Sun and on Yahoo, but truth be told, no one seems to care, as they still have thousands of followers.

I think they are going to continue making videos and not be held accountable.

Making a choice to take a cold shower, is much different than being forced into a cold shower. Being forced to take a cold shower is indeed, abusive. It borders on torture.

Punishment for toileting issues never works, in fact it can backfire and create even more delays in being toilet trained. Sadly, "parental" anger about toileting issues often results in child abuse leading to death. I belong to a "crime-solving" forum and I read about these types of cases way too frequently.

If these people are abusing their kids on video, imagine the abuse that isn't being viewed!!! Terrible

Platinum Member
    How awful. Is it possible itís not true and itís simply a video of their kids in a normal shower. One can only hope.

Batya, I wished that were true. :( But no, they admitted that they did this to their 2 year old. They don't feel it's wrong, they feel it's just another parental technique for different childhood issues.

But in previous videos you can get the gist that they've used this "technique" on their other children for "naughty" behavior.

It made me ill. How can someone ever consider doing this to their little one? :(

Report the video. Even posting this thread had people trying to look it up out of morbid curiosity adding to their and YouTube profits. The rubbernecking tenancies are what makes creeps like this and dot coms like YouTube thrive. But no one reports/flags the videos?
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    They are quite big Youtubers and have made lots of money making videos. I think they are going to continue making videos and not be held accountable.

Okay, thanks for the advice Wiseman.

I think more or less too, I posted about this to hear what other people's thought were on this. Mainly because their followers (who are in the thousands) are all supporting it and saying cold showers aren't that bad.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. I hope there is a good outcome for these children.

Thank you, La Hermes.

I sneak up on this thread and it's too disturbing to think of.

Water boarding or chinese water torture is what comes to my mind. Just because it's water it doesn't hurt or it's somehow not that punishing?

Every day my son was successful at staying dry, we walked to the corner store and he got to pick out a toy dinosaur. That's how I potty trained.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I sneak up on this thread and it's too disturbing to think of.

Water boarding or chinese water torture is what comes to my mind. Just because it's water it doesn't hurt or it's somehow not that punishing?

Every day my son was successful at staying dry, we walked to the corner store and he got to pick out a toy dinosaur. That's how I potty trained.
    What a great bag of t-rex you had ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice