The girl I love is moving overseas

Marcauchy

Hi, I'm 16 and the girl that I love (and I'm pretty sure she does too) moved from Canada to France litterally yesterday. She is basically moving because her family (she's the youngest of 4) lived in France before she was born and wanted to go back (but she didn't really have a choice). But yeah, since she's gone I can't stop crying and being upset at myself for not doing more with her while she was still in Canada. The worst is that I realised only when she texted me that she was in the airport that from now on, if I wanted to do something with her, I couldn't. Now I just don't know what to tell her because I want her to enjoy being in France but at the same time I want her in my arms... What do I tell her???😭😭😭 Thanks for the advice

The short answer:

Wish her good luck in France. Get on with your life. You are young, you will get over it.

The longer answer:

If she did not even give you a chance to say goodbye properly before she left the country, then I'm sorry, she does not love you. Judging by what you have said, she is not even your girlfriend. You just have a massive crush and she probably just thinks of you as a friend.

If you are really crying uncontrollably because somebody who is not even your girlfriend is gone from your life, then you should also learn to be less emotionally dependent on other people. Your happiness should not depend on other people.

It's kinder to reserve your emotions and let her go. Sometimes we may want someone to feel loved but the act of letting go is an expression of true love. She ought to live her life fully as do you. Telling her you want her in your arms when she is already gone isn't going to bring her back. You can thank her for the time together, for texting you to let you know and that that time together meant a lot to you. Let her express herself also and eventually let her go. It's not a good idea to continue chatting with each other.

I'm sorry for your very painful heartache, Marcauchy. It's part of life to say good-bye.

It's hard to see this now but time will heal your wounds.

If you continue texting her, keep it brief knowing this is it. Eventually, you'll go your separate ways. Wish her well and be gracious. It's all you can do. Hang in there. You'll be ok.

I am so sorry you're going through this. :( Losing someone you love can be really hard.

Somehow you have to find the strength to let her go.

She has to find her life now in France and you have to find yours in Canada. It will be too difficult and too frustrating to try to have anything over that long of a distance.

You'll become stronger after this as it's a life lesson we all have to go through. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can stay in touch on messaging apps and social media. Maybe you can visit one day. In time you'll become interested in other local girls but for now take care of your heartache.

Hi, I'm 16 and the girl that I love (and I'm pretty sure she does too) moved from Canada to France litterally yesterday. She is basically moving because her family (she's the youngest of 4) lived in France before she was born and wanted to go back

What you're going through is normal--feeling sad that someone has moved away with whom you had romantic feelings for. Enjoy the memories.

Just know that most youthful relationships like this aren't meant to last a lifetime for most. The majority of people go through many romances before finally settling down to the seriousness of a lifetime partner. It's hard to imagine this when you're so close to the situation, but you will get back to your normal state of happiness soon enough. Take care.

Archived