me and my ex broke up but we still act like a couple

divydoo

we broke up because our parents thought we are too young, that we should wait till we are older. we still love each other and everything is cool. the connection is still there. we both decided that we would use the time to finish our studies then later on we would get back together. in our case it's like right person, wrong time.

Doesn't sound like you really broke up then. How old are you? Why did you accept your parents' decision? Are you the guy or the girl?

My parents did not approve of my first girlfriend and also said I should wait until I was at university to meet somebody. I accepted what they said, but carried on with my relationship as normal, just didn't bring her home. That girl turned out to be a manipulative drama queen who probably cheated on me. So... sometimes your parents are not wrong. :p

The main issue with your current situation is that your ex is now technically single. He/she is therefore free to date other people, so when you are older, he/she may not be available anymore.

i am 16. we accepted it because it seemed right. me and him are still young. we both wants to focus on each other but the connection is there and we both want each other and i am the girl. we decided to be bestfriends but it's only temporary

It sounds like you've decided to sneak around behind your parents back using the "just friends" reason. That's ok. You can be friends and not have sex. When will your parents allow you to date? Can you go out with a group of people your age that includes him as well as other boys and girls? It sounds like your parents don't want you having sex too young. Keep in mind you can get STDs from oral sex.

we both wants to focus on each other but the connection is there and we both want each other . we decided to be bestfriends but it's only temporary

You are not really broken up. You are lying to yourselves & your parents about that status of your relationship.

You get some kudos for trying to honor your parents' wishes but you are going about it wrong. Sit down with your parents and get them to talk to you about their expectations for you dating anybody. Focus on concrete things like: grade point average, attendance in school, abstinence, allowing them to chaperone (meaning you have at home dates where you parents can see what you are doing together because you are in the family room not your bedroom) etc. Your BF should have a similar conversation with his parents. Once you figure out their expectations set about proving to them that you are both mature enough to date now & it won't interfere with school. Then do that.

Do not talk about the future or getting married. Assure your parents that college is still your #1 goal

Archived