LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking Her Out (kinda)

Platinum Member
    I was under the impression that it's fine to ask someone to go to your deb (Year 11 debutante ball) or Year 12 formal just for the sake of having a date. I'm in Australia also but I finished school back in 2002 and also was a bit of a loser back at school. So I didn't have a date to the deb or formal. Woe me lol

Do you know this girl much or not really? Do you have her on social media or could you add her to social media? I was just thinking that maybe if you had a few friendly conversations with her first and kind of established a friendship then it may not come across as asking her on a date. Also even if she does agree to go with you, you are not obliged to be on a date with her or do anything like kiss her, etc. If you go together and you are not romantically into her, just act as a friend and hopefully she'll get the point.

Originally Posted by Tinydance
    I was under the impression that it's fine to ask someone to go to your deb (Year 11 debutante ball) or Year 12 formal just for the sake of having a date. I'm in Australia also but I finished school back in 2002 and also was a bit of a loser back at school. So I didn't have a date to the deb or formal. Woe me lol

Do you know this girl much or not really? Do you have her on social media or could you add her to social media? I was just thinking that maybe if you had a few friendly conversations with her first and kind of established a friendship then it may not come across as asking her on a date. Also even if she does agree to go with you, you are not obliged to be on a date with her or do anything like kiss her, etc. If you go together and you are not romantically into her, just act as a friend and hopefully she'll get the point.
    I'm not sure if you know it, but there is this thing called Relay For Life which help fund raise for cancer research. You basically camp an oval or field and you walk around this oval with a team, passing around a baton or specific item. Anyways, I went with her and a few of her other friends.

She had invited me and I barely even knew who she was. I actually didn't know she existed which I feel really bad about. We hung out during the whole night and when we got tired I wrapped myself in a blanket and we talked for an hour until she fell asleep half on me. I didn't assume anything else. We have been friends for months, I'd say compared to the others in her class, she is the closest. Probably because she is super mature and funny, which matches the qualities of all my closest friend.

She doesn't have any social media account other than google and YouTube and I don't know how often she checks her email *laughing face*. But we do chat almost every day.

So quick update, I spent a bit more time with her over the past couple days and realised I kinda have a crush on her. So I am asking her out monday, I am also asking her to formal. I am not giving myself time to procrastinate about whether she will reject me or not so wish me luck.

😉👍💃🕺😀👇🤞👌👍👏
    Originally Posted by Duck539
    So quick update, I spent a bit more time with her over the past couple days and realised I kinda have a crush on her. So I am asking her out monday, I am also asking her to formal. I am not giving myself time to procrastinate about whether she will reject me or not so wish me luck.

Much much luck!!! Crossing my fingers for you!

She said she would love to go to formal with me. :> yay

Super!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Duck539
    She said she would love to go to formal with me. :> yay

9. 09-03-2019, 12:04 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice