LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is stupid but I canít stop

This is stupid but I canít stop

So basically, when I donít like someone, I donít want other people to like them either. Long story short, my sister in law and I used to be close. She did some shady things and I no longer trust her or like her. The problem is that I get so jealous/annoyed when I hear about people Iím close to (family & friends) hanging out with her and having a close relationship with her. I know itís completely irrational to silly to feel this way. I literally get angry (on the inside) when I hear anything about her. And social media just makes it worst. HELP!!!!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Realize this only hurts YOU.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Realize this only hurts YOU.
    Ugh. I know it does!! I just wish I could stop doing this

Your posting history is largely about your issues with being jealous and resentful of other peopleóand, in the process, not enjoying being inside your own skin. Have you taken any steps to address that, to see about slightly changing the way you think so you can be at peace?

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Your posting history is largely about your issues with being jealous and resentful of other peopleóand, in the process, not enjoying being inside your own skin. Have you taken any steps to address that, to see about slightly changing the way you think so you can be at peace?
    I donít know how to address it. Therapy did nothing for me- it was just a therapist getting paid to listen and nod.

I'd back up a little and take a closer look. You have a remarkable ability to recognize your own flaws. I think there are plenty of people who feel this way but ignore it or find ways to justify their emotions through other actions. Resentment is easy to read through. I think it's actually admirable that you're calling it what it is and recognizing it in yourself. Now that you have, practice some determination on your part and avoid the social media that's possibly consuming your time and learn to focus on more healthy or positive aspects that help you grow in positive ways. Shift your focus.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I'd back up a little and take a closer look. You have a remarkable ability to recognize your own flaws. I think there are plenty of people who feel this way but ignore it or find ways to justify their emotions through other actions. Resentment is easy to read through. I think it's actually admirable that you're calling it what it is and recognizing it in yourself. Now that you have, practice some determination on your part and avoid the social media that's possibly consuming your time and learn to focus on more healthy or positive aspects that help you grow in positive ways. Shift your focus.
    Youíre right! Thank you

Platinum Member
    I was going to say thing as Blue. You are always having issues, with everyone. I would say that you are the problem.

Have you considered another therapist ? How are things with your husband, I know there have always been issues with how he has treated you?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I was going to say thing as Blue. You are always having issues, with everyone. I would say that you are the problem.

Have you considered another therapist ? How are things with your husband, I know there have always been issues with how he has treated you?
    Itís the same person Iím talking about- I donít have problems with everyone.

Originally Posted by Marshmellow12
    I donít know how to address it. Therapy did nothing for me- it was just a therapist getting paid to listen and nod.
    Not all therapists are the same. You don't get the right results, you seek out another one. So don't flat out give up because you had one bad experience...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice