LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He keeps making vague comments about meeting up but no actual plans

Originally Posted by skittles88
    Ok thanks for the responses. Iím just frustrated because heís the one thatís always texting me. Why keep checking in when you arenít interested? It makes me feel extremely foolish.
    Who knows... he may be doing something you don't want to know about while texting

Ok thanks for the responses. Iím just frustrated because heís the one thatís always texting me. Why keep checking in when you arenít interested? It makes me feel extremely foolish.
    He's checking in because he is interestedóinterested, that is, in checking in, having you as someone he can check in with, banter with, shoot off a gym selfie to. It's not malicious. It's pretty typical in the age of smartphones. If he was interested in something aside from that, you'd have met up for a drink, gone shopping together, whatever.

So now you have all the power. You get to decide if this interests you or not. You can cut it off, you can let it fade, you can let it simmer, you can enjoy the poking and poke back, you can "push" him a bit to "test" how he responds. These exchanges are really only mysterious if we want them to be, if we make assumptions about someone's intentions instead of just focusing on what they are offering and doing.

"In fact, a new study says that 75 percent of Americans admit to using their smartphones while on the toilet. Toilet texting is particularly popular among those 28 to 35-years-old, with a reported 91 percent of that age group admitting to the habit."
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    Who knows... he may be doing something you don't want to know about while texting

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    "In fact, a new study says that 75 percent of Americans admit to using their smartphones while on the toilet. Toilet texting is particularly popular among those 28 to 35-years-old, with a reported 91 percent of that age group admitting to the habit."
    Well, I was thinking of other things, but...

Thought I would share something funny in case anyway was still interested. I havenít heard from him in a few days but Iím on bumble today and his profile showed up. In his profile he said ďnot looking for a texting buddyĒ I had to face palm at that lol.

Platinum Member
    Thought I would share something funny in case anyway was still interested. I havenít heard from him in a few days but Iím on bumble today and his profile showed up. In his profile he said ďnot looking for a texting buddyĒ I had to face palm at that lol.
    Canít blame you for doing a face-palm. I rolled my eyes when I read this ^^^.

Because Iím sometimes a smart-a$$, Iím curious to know how heíd respond if, the next time he texts you see how youíre doing, you reply with, ďNot bad texting buddy...Ē, and just leave it at that.

Iím not recommending that you should do this, but if I were in your shoes, not gonna lie, Iíd be tempted. :)

Iím not going to reach out to him anymore but if he does text again I plan on something like that. Maybe a ďhey texting buddy Iím sorry been busyĒ lol

Good you're back on dating apps. Yeah, he's a jerk.
    Iím on bumble today and his profile showed up. In his profile he said ďnot looking for a texting buddyĒ I had to face palm at that lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice