LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Postponed 3rd date, concerning?

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I think he kissed her far too early. I think its fine that it was awkward because most first kisses are. I would have been patient, though and waited for a better moment/. I wonder if you "had" to do the kiss if you think you aren't a good dater so she had a reason to be scared off - sort of like a test. You have to relax. Don't try for another kiss. Let her initiate.
    I had to go back there and check. She was the one who kissed him. I suppose it's not too bad if they're both happy about the connection or if it was a test in connection (good point).

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I think he kissed her far too early. I think its fine that it was awkward because most first kisses are. I would have been patient, though and waited for a better moment/. I wonder if you "had" to do the kiss if you think you aren't a good dater so she had a reason to be scared off - sort of like a test. You have to relax. Don't try for another kiss. Let her initiate.
    I don't think the kiss was too early at all. SHE clearly didn't have any issues with a kiss on the first date, as she initiated more than a peck on the cheek. By her actions, it sounds like she was really into him and he was going too slow. Not everyone is uptight about a kiss or touch on a first date. It can be hard to judge, but I think the OP is in the clear on this one, if he wants to initiate a kiss or some smooching next time, as she clearly seems happy to accept such advances. I know I would. I do enjoy a good kiss at the end of a date gone well, even if it's a first date. Even at a "meet", I'm not opposed to a hug.

As for the rest, I think the OP is overthinking. I totally get your fear, however, that maybe she's meeting someone else on Wednesday and might decide to give that one a go and bail on the Friday date with you. BTDT. It's a valid fear. BUT, the reality is, all you can do is wait. She's not a texter, so don't text a lot. Maybe this will improve after a couple more dates. I personally don't like the all day, every day texting, but it's nice to check in and lob a few back and forth, even every day. Text her on Thursday to let her know you're looking forward to seeing her on the date on Friday, and you hope she's having a good day. You can text in between, maybe something funny or to ask about her day. Maybe call. Have a conversation. This is where I think you need to be a bit more careful and not overdo it. All you want to do is keep your foot wedged in the door, keep that momentum going, but not overwhelm her or appear needy and clingy.

It does sound promising that she has been very proactive with you, from getting a real kiss out of you, to planning a beer garden date that has wine after you sent the article, to rescheduling when she overscheduled herself, to scheduling on a Friday night, which is prime time. I think you're looking at a lot of positives with this lady, and you just need to try to relax. I know it's hard to wait so long when you're super excited to see her and know her more, but that's all you've got -- wait. Try to busy yourself with other things, so you don't get so wound up. Focus on the positive, not the what-ifs. There are no guarantees, but so far so good, IMO.

I hope you have a happy return and report to share.

3. 09-02-2019, 11:55 PM

Hey, thank you everyone for your insight, analysis, reassurances, and critiques. The date went forward on Friday as planned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice