Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: He's talking to his Ex

  1. #11
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    34,861
    Gender
    Male
    You realize he acquiesced to this but they can talk and/or meet up at any time. Trying to control this is a waste of your time. You're married. They share a child. This social media insecurity sounds silly in light of that.
    Originally Posted by Betrayed Wif
    Certainly not. We have a great relationship with her. I had him delete his ex.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,764
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    You realize he acquiesced to this but they can talk and/or meet up at any time. Trying to control this is a waste of your time. You're married. They share a child. This social media insecurity sounds silly in light of that.
    The 'child' is an adult. There's no reason for them to be in regular contact over child issues than any other parents who split up 25 years ago.

  3. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,243
    Gender
    Male
    Uh ... He's not just talking to her at her house you can guarantee that.

    I would file for divorce. That's just me... Way too much bs here for me to stick through. He wants to hang out alone, b with an ex, at her house, after she said she'd steal him away from you.

    Did you even read your comments? What's there to decide? Stay and be a doormat, or leave with your dignity and half his money.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,378
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    You realize he acquiesced to this but they can talk and/or meet up at any time. Trying to control this is a waste of your time. You're married. They share a child. This social media insecurity sounds silly in light of that.
    There is no reason for contact. It is also done in secret.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    28
    Originally Posted by Betrayed Wif
    she replied insinuating that I was me being petty and keeping them apart.
    This person is bizarre - your husband isn't being "kept apart" from her, he hasn't been with her but for six unfortunate months in 92' - unless something more is to this story ..

    You're showing the patience of a saint, sure. But I think your husband needs to understand that he shouldn't keep secrets from you in the first place and if he is honestly not going after crazy, than he should respect that and be open with you about if/when he talks to her - but I don't see why he is required in the first place; since there are literally +3 billion men on this planet and she needs the ex from six months during the freaking first-Bush-era??

    This just doesn't sound right to me. The "child" is an adult; why is he still entertaining this person and discussing 'the good times' or whatever?

    If he is actually cheating on your with this woman - may God help him, that person sounds like someone most people run from - fast - and you sound like someone who is understanding for him to almost a flaw. He'd be ruining his life.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,065
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by nutbrownhare
    The 'child' is an adult. There's no reason for them to be in regular contact over child issues than any other parents who split up 25 years ago.
    "kids" are still not adults these days until 25. If she ran away at 18, etc, the minute she was legally an adult - i don't think its out of line for her parents to talk about her together. I am wondering if the husband does not feel he can be honest because his wife flips out. If he was with his ex because something troubling happened with their daughter, and he is not "allowed" to talk on Facebook (where btw, everything would be documented for his protection) he has the only choice of seeing her in person.

    OP, if he said to you "Daughter is in the hospital/got arrested/is missing/decided she wants to go to trade school and needs our help, etc. I am going to reach out to her mother to get the low down" what would you say to him?

    So there are two sides to this and i don't know which is more true.
    Whether he is hiding his interactions because you are unreasonable and controlling or he is having an affair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •