Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 124

Thread: Pages he likes on Facebook

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by katrina1980

    Also, may I ask why you have only had two dates since March?
    We started chatting in March, had arranged a date but then I cancelled it as I felt that I wasn't ready to start dating yet. I explained this to him and apologised and he totally understood, he said it's cool and then we didn't speak to each other for two months. In May he texted me to ask how I'm doing and then we started chatting again. I appreciated the fact that he didn't put any pressure on me and let me take my time. So, we went on our first date in May but it didn't go that well. It was a bit awkward, he was tired as he had just finished work and I wasn't feeling very well. We stopped talking for a while and then I texted him in July and were planning to have our second date. I was going to be away for three weeks though so he suggested that be meet after I come back from my holidays as it would be better timing. So we went on our 2nd date last week and it was much better than the first one. Felt less awkward, had a laugh and kissed. And now we've arranged our 3rd date on Tuesday.

  2. #42
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9,593
    Well if you're ok being treated like one his frat buddies (again referring to the crass photo he sent you and what he wrote) then who am I to judge.

    I'd be done but you do you, good luck.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    You don't have to ghost, but why meet with him? Don't you think that meeting would be awkward and uncomfortable?

    Would you want a guy to ask to meet with you for the sole purpose of telling you he doesn't want to see you anymore?

    How about a phone call?
    Yeah I guess a phone call would be better.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    It's two dates -it's not ghosting at all. Please don't put him to the trouble of meeting you - I agree with boltnrun. If he asks you out for another date then respond with "thanks so much and I don't think we have enough in common for it to make sense to see each other again." If he doesn't ask you out again I think it's fine to give short responses to any texts he might send that signal that you are not interested in interacting.
    We have arranged a date already. We are supposed to meet on Tuesday..

  5.  

  6. #45
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,757
    Gender
    Female
    I'm sorry but I actually think you are overreacting and also maybe being a bit close minded. You said this guy did nothing wrong overall and it was all fine except you looked at his Facebook YOURSELF and saw those pages he likes. He actually didn't tell you about those pages or bring it up with you except one Disney princess picture. I agree it's a bit crude but maybe he has a crude sense of humour. I also have a crude, dirty sense of humour but the difference is probably that I wouldn't send those kinds of things to someone I've just met.

    I think you'd be in denial to think that men (or even women) don't have specific fetishes or attractions to an "ideal", e.g. big breasted women who muscly men, etc. For example, my best female friend and I enjoy going to see this performance group of male strippers and we've been to their show many times. They're hot and muscly and we enjoy looking at them and following their social media. However they're just a fantasy because I'm for example fairly overweight and I've never really had attention from guys like that. I'm not looking for guys that look like that, I just like guys that look like your everyday "real" people. I have followed "sexy" models, actors, whatever on social media because yes I like to see pretty people for eye candy.

    I mean it's possible this guy has a fetish for bog breasted women (many guys probably do though). That doesn't necessarily mean that he only likes big breasted women. I mean it's clear he likes you and wants to keep seeing you. You are roasting this guy because YOU looked at his social media and found that stuff. He never told you about it or made a big deal of it. It's not really his fault that you stalked his Facebook and YOU saw that.

    You don't really know him that much and you seem to have already made up your mind about him just because he likes big breasted women. I would guess a lot of guys "like" big breasted women. In the sense they might watch big breast women in porn or on social media. This is fantasy land though. In real life those guys probably would date all sorts of women.

  7. #46
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,675
    Originally Posted by Anastasia253
    We started chatting in March, had arranged a date but then I cancelled it as I felt that I wasn't ready to start dating yet. I explained this to him and apologised and he totally understood, he said it's cool and then we didn't speak to each other for two months. In May he texted me to ask how I'm doing and then we started chatting again. I appreciated the fact that he didn't put any pressure on me and let me take my time. So, we went on our first date in May but it didn't go that well. It was a bit awkward, he was tired as he had just finished work and I wasn't feeling very well. We stopped talking for a while and then I texted him in July and were planning to have our second date. I was going to be away for three weeks though so he suggested that be meet after I come back from my holidays as it would be better timing. So we went on our 2nd date last week and it was much better than the first one. Felt less awkward, had a laugh and kissed. And now we've arranged our 3rd date on Tuesday.
    This honestly sounds incredibly casual.

    I guess it’s just me and feelings towards social media, you didn’t just happen upon this info not unless you’re fb friends and He just happen to like all those boob pages in one swoop one quiet evening, likes don’t pop up on someone’s feed unless they’re new, you didn’t hack him but to me you did take deliberate steps to get this specific info.

    Let’s be real though, he makes crude jokes and although you’ve been in contact since May you’ve only been on a couple of dates, this doesn’t sound all that promising so maybe your gut was calling out for you to ‘find’ a reason to walk away.

    In the future maybe set boundaries and expectations and when a man doesn’t meet them know that’s your wit Oreo walk away. You may stumble a bit but hopefully it will all com together for you. Honestly of all the details you’ve given I saw multiple red flags the fb like not being one of tgem, but doesn’t help

  8. #47
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12,794
    "a fetish for bog breasted women"

    Best.Typo.Ever

  9. #48

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Well if you're ok being treated like one his frat buddies (again referring to the crass photo he sent you and what he wrote) then who am I to judge.

    I'd be done but you do you, good luck.
    No, I'm not ok with that either. Thank you

  10. #49

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Tinydance
    I'm sorry but I actually think you are overreacting and also maybe being a bit close minded. You said this guy did nothing wrong overall and it was all fine except you looked at his Facebook YOURSELF and saw those pages he likes. He actually didn't tell you about those pages or bring it up with you except one Disney princess picture. I agree it's a bit crude but maybe he has a crude sense of humour. I also have a crude, dirty sense of humour but the difference is probably that I wouldn't send those kinds of things to someone I've just met.

    I think you'd be in denial to think that men (or even women) don't have specific fetishes or attractions to an "ideal", e.g. big breasted women who muscly men, etc. For example, my best female friend and I enjoy going to see this performance group of male strippers and we've been to their show many times. They're hot and muscly and we enjoy looking at them and following their social media. However they're just a fantasy because I'm for example fairly overweight and I've never really had attention from guys like that. I'm not looking for guys that look like that, I just like guys that look like your everyday "real" people. I have followed "sexy" models, actors, whatever on social media because yes I like to see pretty people for eye candy.

    I mean it's possible this guy has a fetish for bog breasted women (many guys probably do though). That doesn't necessarily mean that he only likes big breasted women. I mean it's clear he likes you and wants to keep seeing you. You are roasting this guy because YOU looked at his social media and found that stuff. He never told you about it or made a big deal of it. It's not really his fault that you stalked his Facebook and YOU saw that.

    You don't really know him that much and you seem to have already made up your mind about him just because he likes big breasted women. I would guess a lot of guys "like" big breasted women. In the sense they might watch big breast women in porn or on social media. This is fantasy land though. In real life those guys probably would date all sorts of women.
    You must be the only woman who thinks I'm overreacting I'm really confused as to what to do to be honest.. I just thought that I would feel insecure being with him.. Thanks for taking the time to express your point of view :)

  11. #50
    Platinum Member milly007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,060
    Gender
    Female
    FB likes aside (which alone would be a turn-off, and not because he likes larger chested women obviously, but like the others have pointed out, because he takes no issue making it known on FB), if a guy texted me a picture & comment like the one this guy sent you OP of the Disney princesses, I'd be out.

    His behavior won't change, even if you do meet on Tuesday to discuss. I have a feeling that if he's sending these types of comments/pics now, it's only going to get worse. So if you're feeling turned-off now, I can only imagine how you'll feel if you continue to see this guy. But hey, this is par for the course when it comes to dating - getting to know someone and determining if you're a right match for each other. At this point, I won't be surprised if you cut ties. Doesn't sound like two are a match, tbh. Pay attention and listen to your gut. Clearly you're sensing that something isn't quite right.

    At the end of the day, it's up to you whether this is something that you can live with, OP. Some women might be okay with it, others not so much.

    And I think katrina brings up a good point about his behavior showing a lack of respect as well.

    I'm actually curious to know this guy's age because the fact that he sent you that pic & comment made me cringe considering you two barely know each other. It just sounds off.
    Last edited by milly007; 08-25-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •