Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pages he likes on Facebook

While I'm not one to examine someone's digital footprint to make assumptions about their 3D character, were I to learn that a woman I was vaguely interested in followed, I don't know, a bunch of feeds of sweaty male abs I'd just be done. Why? I'd be bored and, frankly, judgmental. That is how you spend your time? It would just be unattractive to me. Too juvenile. Yawn.
    Heck yeah I spend my time like this. It literally takes seconds, not hours and I have dodged a lot of bad apples doing this.

one guy I was dating told me he was shy and kept to himself and hadn't hardly been involved with women for a long time. A quick google search revealed that he was hitting on everyone and everything and being a bit of a perv on top of it.

I think it makes sense to look. You can't be too safe these days.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Heck yeah I spend my time like this. It literally takes seconds, not hours and I have dodged a lot of bad apples doing this.
    I think he means the time wasted finding pages that feature large breasted women and then "liking" them. Not that doing a social media look see is a waste of time.

I agree with you, Anastasia. We are at a time in our world where we can find more out about who we are dating via Facebook, etc.

Why wouldn't you look? It's not doing anyone any harm and it's finding our more information.

It makes sense to me. You're right too, people lie, so it does help.

Thank you :)
    I mean I only saw what he has chosen to be shown in public. It's not like I asked someone to hack his profile.. Even he suggested that I look at his profile when we had that conversation and he said that he has nothing to hide (that's why I don't think he knows that people can see the pages he has liked).

I think he means the time wasted finding pages that feature large breasted women and then "liking" them. Not that doing a social media look see is a waste of time.
    Oh, okay.

Bottom line is though, this guy get's turned on by big breasted women. If you're not one of them, you're going to feel inadequate around him.

Move onto someone else who suits you better.

No, I'm not losing anything. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not being unreasonable. As I said, other than that he has been really nice to me so I wouldn't like to be unfair to him. I just wanted to see what other people think.

Platinum Member
    Oh, okay.

Bottom line is though, this guy get's turned on by big breasted women. If you're not one of them, you're going to feel inadequate around him.

My ex was immature and juvenile enough to hang pics of topless, large breasted women on the walls and ceiling of his bedroom like he was living in a frat house. I mean, every inch of wall and ceiling was covered and most of the pics were poster-sized.

One would conclude that he was attracted to large breasted women, right? Except, no. I mean, mine aren't tiny but not huge either and yet he cheated on me with and then dumped me for a young woman who is maaayyyybe a 30AA. No visible breasts at all.

Turns out he was overcompensating because he's actually closeted and the new (still current) girlfriend is willing to switch roles with him and, um, "do" him anally. And I was unfortunate enough to be told this wonderful bit of information by his sister. Super bad visuals.

OP, he's overcompensating IMO. For what, who knows. But if you don't like it and you're only two dates in, why not just stop dating him? Who cares if he agrees or disagrees, YOU decide who you date, not anyone else.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I like j.man's take here. If you've gone on two dates, did a FB deep dive, and are now polling internet strangers about what your digital detective work uncovered—well, all that right there is generally not the beginning of anything worthwhile.

While I'm not one to examine someone's digital footprint to make assumptions about their 3D character, were I to learn that a woman I was vaguely interested in followed, I don't know, a bunch of feeds of sweaty male abs I'd just be done. Why? I'd be bored and, frankly, judgmental. That is how you spend your time? It would just be unattractive to me. Too juvenile. Yawn.

Honestly, why even bother seeing him again? To see if you can "learn" to be okay with this? If you're someone who believes in doing some social media exploration to better understand a prospect, wouldn't that mean you're also someone who, when you don't like what you find, confidently and securely moves on to someone who "likes" things you're comfortable with?

I like your point of view and I'm glad a man sees it that way too. Thank you for replying.

You mean you spend your time looking at sweaty abs on the internet and adding sweaty abs to your FB "likes"? That's what I meant would strike me as juvenile in a yawn-inducing way.

But I think you mean the few seconds it takes to scan someone's social media footprint? All good, I get it. It's just not how I roll, maybe because I'm not particularly active on social media, FB especially.

When it comes to dating I'm probably more interested in finding people who aren't super invested in social media than I am in learning how they spend their time on social media, if that makes sense.

Back to OP: If, like you, this is a preferred screening mode and if boobular women sets off a radar than logic has it that it's back to fishing in the sea rather than becoming fixated on this—and, by extension, the shape of her own body.

Oh, okay.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll do. Thanks

Yes, I mean, if we're going to analyze this at least to a certain degree, he could be overcompensating and/or he is juvenile.

Either way, he's not a great choice. At the very least, he doesn't need to be slobbering all over women right in front of everyone.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice