Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 124

Thread: Pages he likes on Facebook

  1. #11
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,575
    Anastasia Iím sorry but the truth is while analyzing his actions to determine whether or not heís an admirable man, youíre exhibiting your own red flags.

    I canít imagine any instance where I would find it necessary to search the social media likes of a man Iím dating, and I feel the fact that you looked it up and then allowed yourself to go down the rabbit hole even more says so very much more about you than him. I think you allow your insecurities to run your actions way more than they should. If I knew a guy I was seeing for a few months, was investigating my social media instead of getting to know me the natural and normal way... well that would be it for me. Way too telling, I would not want the job of soothing someoneís fragile ego...

    But ignoring all that, if you donít want to date a man who likes pages with women with big boobs, you have every right to end it... so end it.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,761
    He sent me a humorous photo today showing Disney's princesses with huge breasts saying that that's his take on how the princesses should be?
    This...plus him liking all the womens pages, he's obviously into big breasts. Good for him but I would find it seriously unappealing and if you're not big breasted yourself then yes, eventually you're going to feel lacking when it comes to him.

    He's not the one.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    @Batya33 well I don't think I would like having him around my family and friends either.. Thank you

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Is he crass about it? Does he make comments in public while you're with him?

    I used to date a guy who, in a loud voice, would comment "Wow, look at that big t*tted one over there!!!" Or "I like her t*ts!!" Right in front of me.

    Yeah, I stopped dating him. He was an oaf.

    Do you fear he will leave you for a woman with large breasts? Do you think large breasts are more important to him than any other attribute (i.e., intelligence, warmth of character, sense of humor, self-sufficiency, talents, etc.)?

    No, he hasn't said anything in public but we've only been on two dates. I don't know him that well but it seems like it is important to him since he's following that many pages.. It's not just the large breasts, it's the older women as well. I would definitely feel insecure next to him since I know that this is the type of women he likes..

  5.  

  6. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    People show you who they are very quickly if you're willing to listen.
    That's true..

  7. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    eventually you're going to feel lacking when it comes to him.

    He's not the one.
    That's what I fear.. Thank you for your advice.

  8. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    42
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Anastasia Iím sorry but the truth is while analyzing his actions to determine whether or not heís an admirable man, youíre exhibiting your own red flags.

    I canít imagine any instance where I would find it necessary to search the social media likes of a man Iím dating, and I feel the fact that you looked it up and then allowed yourself to go down the rabbit hole even more says so very much more about you than him. I think you allow your insecurities to run your actions way more than they should. If I knew a guy I was seeing for a few months, was investigating my social media instead of getting to know me the natural and normal way... well that would be it for me. Way too telling, I would not want the job of soothing someoneís fragile ego...

    But ignoring all that, if you donít want to date a man who likes pages with women with big boobs, you have every right to end it... so end it.

    Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing to search someone's profile on Facebook.. Yes it's better to get to know someone in person but people often lie and I find it a bit difficult to trust someone especially when I met them through a dating app. But that's your opinion and I respect it. Thank you for taking the time to reply

  9. #18
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,761
    I agree with you, Anastasia. We are at a time in our world where we can find more out about who we are dating via Facebook, etc.

    Why wouldn't you look? It's not doing anyone any harm and it's finding our more information.

    It makes sense to me. You're right too, people lie, so it does help.

  10. #19
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12,211
    Originally Posted by Anastasia253
    No, he hasn't said anything in public but we've only been on two dates. I don't know him that well but it seems like it is important to him since he's following that many pages.. It's not just the large breasts, it's the older women as well. I would definitely feel insecure next to him since I know that this is the type of women he likes..
    So you admit you hardly know him.

    So, what would you be losing exactly if you stop dating him? Sure, you "like" him, but you can "like" plenty of other men who don't behave the way he does.

  11. #20
    Platinum Member bluecastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,399
    Gender
    Male
    I like j.man's take here. If you've gone on two dates, did a FB deep dive, and are now polling internet strangers about what your digital detective work uncoveredówell, all that right there is generally not the beginning of anything worthwhile.

    While I'm not one to examine someone's digital footprint to make assumptions about their 3D character, were I to learn that a woman I was vaguely interested in followed, I don't know, a bunch of feeds of sweaty male abs I'd just be done. Why? I'd be bored and, frankly, judgmental. That is how you spend your time? It would just be unattractive to me. Too juvenile. Yawn.

    Honestly, why even bother seeing him again? To see if you can "learn" to be okay with this? If you're someone who believes in doing some social media exploration to better understand a prospect, wouldn't that mean you're also someone who, when you don't like what you find, confidently and securely moves on to someone who "likes" things you're comfortable with?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •