Does my boyfriends friend like me?

starlight97

My boyfriend has this new friend he met like 6 months ago. Every time I see him and talk to him, he stares at me with a smile and never breaks eye contact. He always laughs a little over the top when I tell a joke and tries to include me in their conversations. I just thought he was being friendly at first, but last night my boyfriend told me that when they were hanging out, his friend told him that he “gets good vibes from me” and “can tell that I’m a really great and nice person.” He also kept telling my boyfriend that he’s a really lucky guy and kept complimenting me. Is he just being polite?

Are you kidding me? Your boyfriend's friend is paying you a sincere compliment. "Getting good vibes" means his intuition and gut instincts are telling him that you are a very decent lady which should make you feel honored because it's praise for your personality and character. "Can tell you're really great and a nice person" means you are a decent and very honorable human being. Feel blessed and GRATEFUL that you found out from your boyfriend what his friend said about you.

Most people don't say anything when they admire someone in their mutual midst. They're quietly giving approval yet your boyfriend's friend was kind enough to pay you sincere compliments through your boyfriend. If I were you, I'd run away with those sincere compliments and be on cloud 9.

Your boyfriend's friend was looking out for his friend (your boyfriend) and determining what type of person you are. Apparently, he finds you to be a great lady. He sounds like a very good person, too. Your boyfriend's friend approves of your boyfriend's choice in a girlfriend.

This feels either/or. I'm squinting very hard into my crystal ball.

I'm not going to tell you what this is but I'll help you figure it out. Look back at your boyfriend and his track history of friends and gauge for yourself the types of people he is with, the company he keeps or the type of friends he attracts. Gauge your boyfriend's reaction towards this person and you'll have a fairly good idea or litmus test of what this man is about or what his intentions are. Your general instincts should be able to pick up his vibes too and whether he has a predatory vibe, is harmless, nosy, too vocal etc.

Lol, all my boyfriend's friends have "liked" me. To what extent I don't know, all my bfs have said is that they liked me and think I'm cool.

Does not mean they would ever cross boundaries, they're my bf's friends for goodness sakes.

Take it as a compliment, it sure beats the alternative, having his friend not like you, don't you think?

My spiney sense tells me you "like" him, more than just your bf's friend and that is why you're asking and hoping he likes you in the same way.

Otherwise why would this even be a concern, unless his friend crossed boundaries, has he?

If so, talk to your bf, not us.

Smiling and making eye contact while speaking with you is not crossing boundaries.

Both men and women want to hear that their choice of partner has the approval of their friends. Your b/f's friend has given his approval of you. I wouldn't look any further into it then that. Clearly your boyfriend is not threatened by his friends comments or he wouldn't be telling you what was said about you.

What is your motive to ask? Do you have a crush on him? Do you think you're not worthy of such praise? Are you just looking for more validation?

• 2 weeks later...

Truth is spamming is something you chose to do.💩👾🐖👺 It's more like getting stupid. 🦌🚽👻You don't choose to be stupid.👻🥓🤮 You just are.🐶 The stupider you get the harder it is to ignore.🙊🐗🍭👎👇

The truth is, falling in love is not something we choose to do. It’s more like getting thirsty. You don’t choose to get thirsty. You just notice it. And the stronger your thirst becomes, the harder it gets to ignore

Archived