Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unidentified relationship?

i just feel really bad for her, shes been quite nice to me and i dont like how hes basically keeping her around for convenience like he did with me ;a;

I get it.

At the same time, I'd suggest you try to step back just a bit, and remember the facts here, chief among them being that you don't really know this woman and that your only point in common is a guy who has always been pretty lame and proved himself, at last, to just flat-out suck. So to engage with her, really, is just a way to keep engaging with him, to ensure that he occupies significant real estate in your emotional bandwidth. Which gets you...what, exactly? A sense of power? A way of feeling "good" about all this? Vindication? A few more hits off the volatile pipe that this thing has always been?

Those are real questions worth asking.

In your shoes? I'd take a deep breath, howl at the moon, laugh at the absurdity, chalk this all up as a good, hard lesson learned early, about not bending so far from what you want to get a warped version of it. Because what does that get you? It's a bit like sucking on bones when you're really hungry. Yeah, there's some meat there, and it kind of feels like a meal, except for the part where you're still hungry and behaving in ways that don't really feel like you.

Real nourishment is not with him—and, by extension, not with her. Sometimes we need to gnaw on some weird bones. Been there. But there comes a point where it's best to just walk away, with grace, calling it all for what it is and was so you can make room for a whole different kind of feast, you know?

He doesn't want the same things as you. Stop obsessing and let him go. You can do better than this without all the angst.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice