Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I keep fighting.. Is this fixable?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Crushed303
    One thing I have learned in life is if someone wants something bad enough(or doesn't want), they will make any excuse needed to justify their actions. She told me the same thing he told you at one point in the last few weeks.

She text last night saying "whether I believe it or not she loves and cares about me". Then proceeded to say she may not be able to see me tomorrow at 7 as planned, because she has "alot going on today, and is starting the new school semester tomorrow" , but she wasn't sure yet if she can or not, and may have to put it off until this coming Wednesday(her next day off work). Although she may have a lot going on, she definitely could have made time at some point, and here it is after 7pm with no calls or text. There goes the honesty and respect she has promised to give me! Also, how can she promise to respect me, while still talking to this guy too(even if it is just talking right now), as a previous commenter mentioned. I think I'm done..

I appreciate yours and everyone elses feedback and truly value all the advice and opinions given so far. Thanks all!
    Well still talking to the guy is extremely disrespectful! She cheated on YOU with him and going to continue "talking" to him. What??!! I understand she's had a very difficult life and I don't mean to belittle that in any way. However the point of being in a relationship is to get something out of it (for both people of course). You have always been there for Jane and took care of her, you were a loyal friend always by her side. Sure she may care about you as a close friend but I think the writing is on the wall that her investment in you as an actual romantic partner is not that high. If she really wanted you back then why would she still be talking to that other guy? She's always had you there by her side as her backup and you are probably still her backup, her plan B.

Originally Posted by Tinydance
    Well still talking to the guy is extremely disrespectful! She cheated on YOU with him and going to continue "talking" to him. What??!! I understand she's had a very difficult life and I don't mean to belittle that in any way. However the point of being in a relationship is to get something out of it (for both people of course). You have always been there for Jane and took care of her, you were a loyal friend always by her side. Sure she may care about you as a close friend but I think the writing is on the wall that her investment in you as an actual romantic partner is not that high. If she really wanted you back then why would she still be talking to that other guy? She's always had you there by her side as her backup and you are probably still her backup, her plan B.
    It really does amaze me how she can do that to me, still talk to him, and say she loves, cares, and respects me. The worse part of it all, is I really didn't see any of this coming. Maybe I'm just obvlivous, as I can definitely be like that sometimes(just with life in general). I know she was tramatized all over again with surfaced memories, but I can't believe she can just betray and abandon me so fast, without real warning. Anyway around, I refuse to be a 2nd choice/backup plan. Thank you for your perspective though, it really does help me work through this. Now if I can just figure out how to cope with all this.. I know time is supposed to heal wounds, but this one really cut deep into my heart and soul. It's been over two weeks since this all went down and I still love her to death. Stupid of me to feel that way, but what can you do. .?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice