LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man doesnít want relationship but talks about having a baby with me

Man doesnít want relationship but talks about having a baby with me

So this guy Iíve been seeing says he canít have a relationship right now because he wants to focus on himself to better his career, but talks about pregnancy and having a baby with me almost every time I see him. I know he doesnít have bad intentions but Iím super confused on why he makes out that he wants a baby with me so bad when not wanting a relationship. He always makes comments about getting me pregnant or asking if Iíd want his babies etc. we always use condoms and pull out method (T.M.I I know sorry) so I know heís not actually trying to get me pregnant but he always talks about it, is it just like a fantasy or something or is he joking or what could it possibly be? I always ask him why he talks about it but doesnít want a relationship but he never gives me a solid answer, so Iím just confused. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Um, no. You can do all the hard work of raising a baby for 2 decades and the baby can have no dad so he can goof around. Um yeah , no.

Get on birth control asap. Do you want a relationship?

Platinum Member
    It could be an ego thing for him. I have known a couple guys who get off on thinking they're spreading their seed, so to speak. Made them feel virile and studly to think they could impregnate women. (Yes, really. I know.)

Don't take him seriously. It's a fantasy.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jessa23
    So this guy Iíve been seeing says he canít have a relationship right now because he wants to focus on himself to better his career, but talks about pregnancy and having a baby with me almost every time I see him. I know he doesnít have bad intentions but Iím super confused on why he makes out that he wants a baby with me so bad when not wanting a relationship. He always makes comments about getting me pregnant or asking if Iíd want his babies etc. we always use condoms and pull out method (T.M.I I know sorry) so I know heís not actually trying to get me pregnant but he always talks about it, is it just like a fantasy or something or is he joking or what could it possibly be? I always ask him why he talks about it but doesnít want a relationship but he never gives me a solid answer, so Iím just confused. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
    Why are you confused? Who cares why he is interested in knocking you up and being a father but is not interested in being with you in a relationship? Are you his mommy or therapist? All you need to know is that, if you want a baby with a man who wants to be with you (and make no mistake -he does not want to be with you - it's not about "focus on himself or a career" - we all have to do that and many of us also want relationships -he doesn't -whether it's with you or anyone who cares) - he is NOT that guy. And people who use the pull out method are called parents. And people who do that knowing that the man doesn't want them are called "single moms". Do you feel good about trying to bring a life into this world who will be deprived of a two parent family from the starting gate? If you do, then sure - if that to you is in the best interests of a child who will be here only because you chose to get pregnant - then sure go for it and best to you. I personally don't feel that would be fair to a child and most parents I know think first of the best interests of a future child not how to play therapist to a man who is not using birth control.

He is giving you a solid answer. His answer is "I want to have a baby and call myself "father" and I do not want to be with you."

He wants to go bareback. After that, your pregnancies, babies, STDs etc will be your problem. He will be as selfish and irresponsible before during and after sex.

Go to a doctor and get tested for STDs and get reliable contraception. Educate yourself.

Do not allow "pull-outs" with a player like this who could infect you with who-knows-what.

Platinum Member
    He'll run out the door so fast he'll be a blur if you ended up pregnant.

He finds the idea of knocking you up sexy. The actual raising and providing financially for a baby? Does he talk about that? Probably not because that part isn't sexy.

It's likely a fetish/preoccupation with the idea and helps him feel turned on during sex. It's not uncommon. You might call his bluff one day if you like and ask him what baby names he likes.

he canít have a relationship right now because he wants to focus on himself to better his career
    If he canít make time for you, then he wonít make time to raise a child. In other words, youíll be doing all the work.

Donít be foolish with this man. Run.

Deleted... reposted below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice