How do you listen to and act on intuition against emotions thoughts?

Do you listen and act on your intuition even though it is painful? I have a friend who I got very stong vibes several months ago but gave benefit of the doubt to find it was pretty right ..do you just normally drop everything and run ? Without explanarion? Do you trust your intuition enough to face pain now to just dissapear or do you just silently wait for truth to come up?

I never wait for the truth or the bomb to drop on me! :eek: I always listen to my intuition or gut instincts when it comes to people. It's survival instinct. I listen to that little voice inside me especially if there are any doubts swirling in my head.

Generally, I use common sense because when I was younger, sometimes I ignored my better judgment, took risks and lost big time. Never again. I know better now.

It depends on the situation. Sometimes, I'll drop everything and run without an explanation.

If the person is mature enough to handle it, I'll give my honest explanation. Unfortunately, brutal honesty doesn't always go over very well and ill received, therefore, I simply disappear.

Being impulsive is not an asset. However thinking on your feet and responding appropriately is. What happened with this friend?

I have a friend who I got very stong vibes several months ago but gave benefit of the doubt to find it was pretty right ..do you just normally drop everything and run ? Without explanarion? Do you trust your intuition enough to face pain now to just dissapear or do you just silently wait for truth to come up?
I never wait for the truth or the bomb to drop on me! :eek: I always listen to my intuition or gut instincts when it comes to people. It's survival instinct. I listen to that little voice inside me especially if there are any doubts swirling in my head.

Generally, I use common sense because when I was younger, sometimes I ignored my better judgment, took risks and lost big time. Never again. I know better now.

It depends on the situation. Sometimes, I'll drop everything and run without an explanation.

If the person is mature enough to handle it, I'll give my honest explanation. Unfortunately, brutal honesty doesn't always go over very well and ill received, therefore, I simply disappear.

Thank you .I have thought about this and while my intuition is extremely strong that a vibe is good sign for us to use not simply to run away. So I have come to a conclusion that open communication is the best option while keeping the voice of intuition as well. If their actions do not match their words then you have trusted a liar until then. Back off let them do them.... thank you both for your thoughtful answers

not sure what you're asking with all that other stuff but here is the answer: yes trust your gutt. Our brains/minds tend to do a lot of convincinng to us and reasoning that isn't so reasoning. Gutt instincts have been scientifically proven to factor in things we dont' even realize to get that reaction out of us (body language, energy the other person is putting out, etc.) ALWAYS trust your instincts and gutts.

Lastly.. whether it's PAIN or not has nothing to do with it. Avoiding pain is the worst thing we can do because it makes us make the worst decisions in our lives.We shoudl always decide based on WHAT'S BEST and what's THE TRUTH - which can be painful. but in the end, not following the best and true path will become MORE PAINFUL. (so in essence, avoiding pain today is forucing yourself to endure MORE PAIN in the end).

Simply put. take your medicine when you should and you'll be better off in the end.

Thank you .I have thought about this and while my intuition is extremely strong that a vibe is good sign for us to use not simply to run away. So I have come to a conclusion that open communication is the best option while keeping the voice of intuition as well. If their actions do not match their words then you have trusted a liar until then. Back off let them do them.... thank you both for your thoughtful answers

Yes, open communication is best, however, you need to think who your audience is. If a person is mature enough to handle it, intelligent enough to be perceptive and wishes to resolve any issues the same as you, then yes, open communication is optimal and ideal, of course.

Some people don't have the intelligence of possessing the voice of reason within them. If you're dealing with a fool or fools, it's a lost cause because all the open communication you're trying to convey will fall on deaf ears. You sound like only noise to them. They will never comprehend nor grasp what you're saying in a million years. Since they don't understand you, an unnecessary argument will ensue. Was it worth it? You decide.

I've since given up on a lot of people because they simply "don't get it." You'll get your wires crossed all the time with some folks. It's a lost cause because some people simply lack empathy. They don't feel for others including you. You need to give up on hopeless people. It's better to leave them alone.

Yes, open communication is best, however, you need to think who your audience is. If a person is mature enough to handle it, intelligent enough to be perceptive and wishes to resolve any issues the same as you, then yes, open communication is optimal and ideal, of course.

Some people don't have the intelligence of possessing the voice of reason within them. If you're dealing with a fool or fools, it's a lost cause because all the open communication you're trying to convey will fall on deaf ears. You sound like only noise to them. They will never comprehend nor grasp what you're saying in a million years. Since they don't understand you, an unnecessary argument will ensue. Was it worth it? You decide.

I've since given up on a lot of people because they simply "don't get it." You'll get your wires crossed all the time with some folks. It's a lost cause because some people simply lack empathy. They don't feel for others including you. You need to give up on hopeless people. It's better to leave them alone.

Well put.. I especially agree with the empathy part there.

I set my internal trust meter to a neutral 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 with new people. Then I observe over time and I let them show me whether I'll want to invest more trust or withdraw it. I don't get too far on withdrawing trust before I'll just avoid the person.

I don't need a good 'enough' reason to avoid mixing with people who I don't feel good about. I'm old enough to trust my instincts, and I'm not interested in sticking around to learn whether I'm right or not. I have enough on my plate, and I have no need for risky friendships.

Archived