Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a narcissistic father, neglectful mother

you have to have your end game in mind and work towards it. And that MUST include cutting out any dependency on ANYBODY ELSE (let alone your parents). This is what happens when you create a dependency on anybody else.
    Now I get it, sometimes we just have to be dependent. Granted. But we must also work every livign day with every bit of energy to break free of that dependence at every moment until it's done. And like others said there ARE OPTIONS to choosing to be dependent on your parents - you can choose to be dependent on more healthy people and make more healthy arrangements. YOU CONTROL how you're depndent and to whom. so OWN that and take power over that.

Put together an end gagme plan that's do-able and list the steps to how to do it. Then get it done. You have more control and power and options than you realize. DON'T STOP at the easiest and first one you think of and brainstorm it.. then put together the puzzle of the "doable" pieces.

good luck.

Ugh just forget it. no one is understanding. right now i am in a TEMPORARY situation. i'll just deal. thanks anyways. - stop calling the mentally ill entitled- sarah

Originally Posted by SarahJay
    Ugh just forget it. no one is understanding. right now i am in a TEMPORARY situation. i'll just deal. thanks anyways. - stop calling the mentally ill entitled- sarah
    Sarah your question was how to get your parents ‘in line’... what’s not being understood?

Of course the mentally ill are not entitled, I said, you, Sarah, by expecting your parents to bend to the will of their adult child who is in her late 20’s is entitled. Has nothing to do with your diagnosis but rather your mindset. There are plenty of other able bodied adults who feel entitled to be taken care of well into their adulthood, has nothing to do with disabilities.

Your situation being temporary is just even more of a reason you just have to suck it up until you can move out. Your parents are not responsible for changing who they are to accommodate their adult child.

I know it sucks, I hope it sucking give you to drive to get back on your feet.

Good luck.

I can understand checking out on your father. What is it that you want your Mom to do differently? Is there anything that she wants from you that you can negotiate in exchange for it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice