Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guest and Host Etiquette - Is This Rude?

oh and if you don't agree with this then you need to be more specific and honest in your postings.... "hosts that provide coffee and cake only - and only when offered take it or leave it" so you can get the exact clientele you want to do business with - which i YOUR EVERY RIGHT to do so and nothign wrong with that. BUT BE UPFRONT about that.

(I say the above in exagerration to make a point.. please dont' take that seriously... but defintiely be more clear about what the house rules are in general and what the expectations are that you have or want to maintain for your business if that's what you seek)...

Congrats and continued success on yoru business by the way!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thisisrichey
    oh and if you don't agree with this then you need to be more specific and honest in your postings.... "hosts that provide coffee and cake only - and only when offered take it or leave it" so you can get the exact clientele you want to do business with - which i YOUR EVERY RIGHT to do so and nothign wrong with that. BUT BE UPFRONT about that.

(I say the above in exagerration to make a point.. please dont' take that seriously... but defintiely be more clear about what the house rules are in general and what the expectations are that you have or want to maintain for your business if that's what you seek)...

Congrats and continued success on yoru business by the way!
    I see your point and I don't agree. If you really mean that "maybe later" isn't ok with you and comes across as rude/annoys you then offer nothing in the first place because offering a "now or never" drink or food item will make your guests feel that they have to accept it and then feel awkward if they don't partake (other than a glass of water -no one really notices if the water is untouched).

The other thing you can do - tell them where you've put whatever it is and invite them to help themselves should they want something now or later - feel free to grab a la croix or beverage from the kitchen, and there are chips in the ____.

This is much ado about nothing. A good hostess never criticizes or instructs her guests about manners (Miss Manners).

Put the food out and if they have some, great. If not, let the family eat it. No point in giving yourself all this brain damage about it.

I think everyone's saying the same thing - it's ok to offer whatever you want but just keep in mind not everyone will respond in the way you may like them to. They're guests and part of being a gracious host is about making your guests feel welcome. Richey has another post on page 2 at the bottom, by the way. I usually like providing a lot of food and overstock so my general worry is "how the heck am I going to finish all this if they don't eat it all as it will spoil....must put in containers and insist they take home" lol!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice